• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/14 to 12/15 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

Temp dropped a degree to 26F and snow is starting to pick up again in intensty, with 1.75" currently on ground from this storm (had maybe 1.5" left on the ground) - radar showing some good 20-30 DBZ bands about to hit us.  With the rain/snow line still down around Pt. Pleasant to maybe Belmar and over to maybe Mt. Holly, I'm hopeful, we'll get a decent amount of moderate to heavy snow for at least the next 3-4 hours, maybe getting to 4-5" here, which would be pretty close to what was forecast.  Will be interesting to see how much sleet/ZR we get before surface temps go above 32F and plain rain falls. 

I'm a little worried about ZR; I have to take my little girl to a birthday party near woodbridge mall at 6 and pick her up at 8. I can handle snow, but ZR on top of 2 inches of snow could be worrisome. Really hope it holds off until later.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just 21 degrees now in Essex county NJ. Interesting that this will suddenly turn to rain!

Well, you will see it coming for a while so it wont be so sudden, but you may be surprised how quickly things change when the winds shift more easterly...I'm 18 degrees up here in stamford with dew point in the low teens...but the sound is right there when winds go east

Every hour after 3 pm we snow down here has to looked at as luck. That RS line is stationary but when it moves

It's warms the. Mid levels warm so fast u can see an 8 degree jump in 2 hours. The weenie in me is hoping for

Deepening just 25 miles east But Its possible that we get 4 inches here after 1 to 2 were expecting.

Mod snow.

Here in Sussex our Winter Storm Warning is for 5-9" and I fear that the NWS may bust low.

I can't remember a snowfall that was so cold. Just went out for 30 minutes and it is ripping snow and is so very cold!

It was below zero in the January 2004 clipper in Sussex. Single digits even into the city. Sick.

2.4 inches in Astoria. Although the stuff falling now seems to be better snowball quality type snow than the stuff that fell this morning/earlier this afternoon.

Earlier it was a much drier/fluffier snow.

Concur. Just measured 2.5" on 36th Street at my house in Astoria.

And agree that flake size is better now then before.

RS line from asbury park through Jackson. As per friends. N it's still snowing.

Heavy snow here which means the line is close. Still at 24.5 at HS. 28 at wx underground

So it's not gona pretty since the surface is frozen.

Will def finish w 4 here.

Archived