joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/14 to 12/15 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice right now, steady light to moderate snow, temps keep ticking down, I'm at 26.2F or a bit colder than I expected.

Over here in Colonia NJ light snow with some half decent bursts, only about an inch on grassy areas.

It's nice right now, steady light to moderate snow, temps keep ticking down, I'm at 26.2F or a bit colder than I expected.

Nice dry powdery snow here in Metuchen and about 27F - snow picked up in intensity the last 15-20 minutes and we have close to 3/4" on the ground - local streets are now covered.  Gorgeous.  Would love to get a bonus 1-2" before 4-5 pm and then get another 2-3" before the changeover...

Hi I'm over in Colonia. Don't post here much except during events, I've no background in weather just started following it years ago when I was a roving social worker and covered the state; this is the kind of storm that was vexing because it might be raining here Woodbridge, but I would have to take a ride up  to Warren and it would be snowing. I don't expect much outta this event but it is nice to see some wintry weather in Dec. Snow is having a hard time accumulating over here. I'd love to see a few more inches, but this doesn't look like it will come together in time for us.

I to am suspecting that the cold air is over powering the warm air... i dont see it changing as quickly as they say for long island etc... its been snowing here since 6am about an ince here and the temperature has been between 18 and 19...... its 3 pm... according to the hourly graph by the nws.. my temperature is suppose to be much closer to the freezing mark.... this wouldn't be the first time we have had storms do unique things here in the northeast!

Some heavier bands are moving into north jersey. Intensity should start picking up.

Probably around 3" already

Some heavier bands are moving into north jersey. Intensity should start picking up.

Probably around 3" already

Not bad significantly better than just over the bridge here in Woodbridge, where we have about an inch.

Radar shield has been going 12/19/09 on us as it advances up from the SW, looks like this time the final push may finally get the heavier echoes in here

oh man that storm set the tone for the winter for those of us in north-central nj who never got walloped by any of the following storms, 2/6/10 being the strangest.  To think we groaned about having 3 storms in the 11-12 inch range because of the epic amounts elsewhere. Anyway, this looks to be a nuisance event in our parts, unless some heavier stuff gets here right quick; it's just not piling up much here in Woodbridge, just across from SI. Appreciate your contributions here by the way.

Archived