joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/14 to 12/15 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closing in on 2 inches here in Monroe.  Best snows of the day the last 2 hours.  Suspect the rain/mix arrives here between 9 and 10.  With that Id we are food for 3 - 5 inches.

Anyway to combine the 2 threads.   Essentially mixing obs/discussion in both anyway,

3 hours? U have 9 more hours before midnight lol

No need to laugh bro.  To me, "late afternoon" is not midnight and our 'low' for tonight is 25 versus the 27 as a high for the afternoon.

It reads, and it's 19 degrees at 3:30PM...

• Late Afternoon Snow. High near 27. East wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 4am, then rain likely between 4am and 5am, then a chance of rain or freezing rain after 5am. Low around 25. Northeast wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Closing in on 2 inches here in Monroe.  Best snows of the day the last 2 hours.  Suspect the rain/mix arrives here between 9 and 10.  With that Id we are food for 3 - 5 inches.

Anyway to combine the 2 threads.   Essentially mixing obs/discussion in both anyway,

looking like tis picking up a little north of you in Woodbridge now. When should I expect the rain to move in?

I to am suspecting that the cold air is over powering the warm air... i dont see it changing as quickly as they say for long island etc... its been snowing here since 6am about an ince here and the temperature has been between 18 and 19...... its 3 pm... according to the hourly graph by the nws.. my temperature is suppose to be much closer to the freezing mark.... this wouldn't be the first time we have had storms do unique things here in the northeast!

I was supposed to be at 25 and rising from 11am forward. It's 330pm now and I'm stuck at 21(low so far today). I think thats pretty significant. What it means, we will see (prob a colder rain)

Sparta, NW NJ

21 / 17 and pretty much held steady there all day

As radar trends suggest intensity of snow fall increasing and currently moderate. No official measurement but looks to be about 2.5" thus far. Next 3-6 hours should be fun as rates continue to intensify and over spread the area especially the NW half of the area. Not sure if / when a warm push will begin but probably not till ~8pm is a safe guess.

Won't be long for Middlesex county then. It's only about 40 mins. from you. Nothing more bone chilling than a cold Dec rain down there. We still have snow here for now.

Still several hours and 2 - 4 or more inches of snow before Middlesex changes over

18F and still waiting for the heavy stuff.. Upton still has 6-10 inches for Bergen County.. 

It's so gorgeous outside in our backyards isn't it? Heard some plows going by already. Heavier stuff on top of us now. We have the coldest readings east of the Parkway in all of New Jersey per wundermap. Heavenly. :snowing:  :shiver:  :snowwindow:  :clap:  :mapsnow:  :snowman:  :thumbsup:

Won't be long for Middlesex county then. It's only about 40 mins. from you. Nothing more bone chilling than a cold Dec rain down there. We still have snow here for now.

It's gonna take a while for the mix line to get up there, probably until 9-10 PM.  There was always expected to be a sharp gradient between eastern Monmouth and Middlesex.

I was supposed to be at 25 and rising from 11am forward. It's 330pm now and I'm stuck at 21(low so far today). I think thats pretty significant. What it means, we will see (prob a colder rain)

my temperature finally moved to 20.1 lol it was at 18 all day pretty much and to hold that temperature for 9 hours sure puts a lot of cold into the area.... who knows mother nature i think will take longer then midnight to switch for orient atleast... riverhead is a difficult one to say though.

It might mean that the temp rise later will be even more dramatic, but I'd prefer to be an optimist.  I am quite happy to be at the low temp of the day 45 minutes before sunset.

Archived