joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/14 to 12/15 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here comes the thermal gradient monster snow rates ahead of the changeover line, good luck to everyone, I imagine the longest we can hold out in the 5 boroughs going to PL or FZRA is maybe 3z and thats a long shot and would be Manhattan or the Bronx but someone could see 1-2 inches an hour before that.

Yeah, kind of a yin and yang... we've been light snow with poor growth all day and now we get the main slug of moisture but with it, the warming.  Here near 495 in Queens I'm hoping to get another ~3 hours of snow and potentially 3" ... at last measurement, I had 2.1".

We deserve a bust in our favor.  That is a later than believed changeover and more accumulations.  Good karma everyone!

why exactly do we deserve a good bust lol? Remeber early March and early November last winter? 2 "surprise" events...

Anyhow I'm thoroughly enjoying this one regardless of the changover later tonight. Growing up in Central NJ there are only a handfull of snowstorms I saw with temps in the teens. 1/15/04 clipper comes to mind when i cleared 8" off my driveway with a broom...but its been in the teens and snowing here in Stamford since 6AM. 17 degrees out there now with snow starting to pick up. About to go measure but we have over 4" now I'm assuming.

It's not going to get above freezing in interior northern and central NJ until the morning hours...  NWS forgot to Nowcast...instead of just looking at the models.

I am hugging the Hudson though so I just don't know what to think.  However even the Manahttan CPK readings have noticeably dropped in the last hour or two. I do not believe the NAM/GFS or Euro or even CMC will be right about the amount of plain rain in my area.

Ewall radar finally reflecting ice heading up thru CNJ just north of 195 it's too cold in these spots and Points N away from the coast that it doesn't flip to plain rain

Not the best job on point and click s plus here 25. Closing on 5 inches. Been snowing 1 to 2 inches an hr the last hour

And ths flips to ice nor rain yet

Still on the site. (Current temp 34 w up to an inch expected. There are plenty of spotters here that will tell its really bad )

Archived