• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/14 to 12/15 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

watch the last frame on this loop the snow / rain line is moving south through Monmouth county now in response to the cold push the last hour

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/WXTYPE/loop25ne.html

I think it's normal for the rain snow line to move back and forth like that.. for what it's worth the future cast on channel 7 showed snow through at least 8 o'clock before any mixing in the city or west

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please stop.  The rain/snow line is still down by Lakewood and very slowly moving north.  The entire region will continue to be snow for the next few hours and there is heavy precip moving in from the south and west.

Yeah I was gonna say, what the heck is he looking at if he thinks we'll end up with 1 to 3? We already have around 2, with the heaviest snow coming in the next few hours. Radar shows this lull is about over and the heavy snow is about to move in. We'll easily get 4 to 5 inches.

I think there are signs that the coastal front in Northern Ocean County is finally moving north. That, combined with the heavier precipitation moving west-to-east across PA will make for a fun next 2-3 hours. 

It also appears the transition line is oriented more WSW to ENE vs being truly SW to NE earlier.

We prob go over here within the hour. But then we deal with heavy rain in the upper 20s? This air at the surface is not goin anywhere for a few hours .

By the time we r above freezing I thnk 75 percent of the system will hav been froz of some kind

Which doesn't bode we'll for those between 78 and 80 where that takes place later on but where the cold air is deeper

It also appears the transition line is oriented more WSW to ENE vs being truly SW to NE earlier.

Makes sense given that the storm is still far enough to the south for the flow to be more east-to-west as opposed to southeast to northwest on the warm side of the storm. 

AKA, the isobars are oriented from east to west right now. 

Archived