Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
MA'ers need a reality check

H2O

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or people can just grow up and stop acting like babies. But I guess that is too much to ask for...

internet forums will always partly be used as a place to vent.  it took me a very long time to learn that.  i've become better at filtering out the "noise", though i still have lapses and let little things get to me.  i would say for the most part, though, the commentary is pretty funny.

A car, a couple of hours, and a cheap hotel could do the trick. I want to retire in Snowshoe. A place where you never have to worry.

But snow is not just snow. Its a lot more than that to most people here. It can change your whole mood, your whole mindset. I got snow last weekend and a week later Im still in an overall better mood than I would have been without it.

i hear ya, i'm still buzzing off driving my jeep last sunday around upper moco.  it was a blast.  i just hope we get some good snow around here now.  i think we've been patient enough.

The IMBYism and jealousy over the last couple events is ruining the fun for many and it is over something that no one, none, anyone, anybody can control.  Weather is gonna happen and getting pissy over who is lucking out during a storm or a future one is dumb.  Ideally everyone would receive the same amount every time but that isn't how it works.  Some places fair better than others and that is just fact.  Don't like it?  Then stop posting.  

The people in N MD, WVA and parts of VA that are already at 75% of climo are not bad people.  They happen to live in more favorable areas during borderline storms and anyone with half a brain has to know this.  Sure there is some joking and teasing but it has gotten worse mainly because the last two years in and around DC has sucked big fat hairy donkey balls wrt snow.  I have good friends that live in Leesburg, western Fx Co, DC and N MD.  We all talk and discuss weather on and off the board and I never hold it against them if they get better stuff than me.  Why?  Because i realize they live in places that CAN do better and not every weather event will work out in my favor.  And that's just it.  People need to realize that each storm isn't theirs and only theirs.  It will be better for some and worse for others.  And you know what?  You can't control it.

Why not try to just take whatever happens and move forward?  Weather is just weather and snow is just snow.  It is not normal behavior to act the way some do over stuff like this.  just ask anyone else who is not a hobbyist like us for perspective and see if they say it is okay to pout and meltdown over weather.  It is just unfortunate that some attack others over where they happen to live which doesn't really help

When good things happen then by all means enjoy it.  But when it doesn't you don't have to turn into a bitter, angry jerk who feels the need to take others down only because you are butthurt.

Understanding climo is key. Then, managing expectations. Its December in northeastern Virginia and I have already received climo snows for my part of the state for this month. I'm fine with getting an inch of snow sleet in a storm and FDK getting 14 inches of fluffy powder in the same storm.  :guitar:  :snowing:

Let's do this:

We all have a beer/snow summit at mapgirls.  Take the cover off the pool, and I'll dive in nekkid while it's snowing while everyone is enjoying beers outside....h20 supplies the beer, mapgirl makes appetizers (Ian, bring a taster).   We can all ride up in my bus.

lol

All I am going to say is if you **** with any of our central PA-M/D area posters, keep in mind at my job I have access to a lot of brilliant IT people. I will have them hack the board, remove all of the staff's moderating privileges, and make yorkpa25 the sole admin of AmWx with banning powers and unlimited posting ability. 

You have been warned....

All I am going to say is if you **** with any of our central PA-M/D area posters, keep in mind at my job I have access to a lot of brilliant IT people. I will have them hack the board, remove all of the staff's moderating privileges, and make yorkpa25 the sole admin of AmWx with banning powers and unlimited posting ability. 

You have been warned....

:lol:

I haven't noticed anybody being overly jealous or angry lately....but the whining and crying about lack of snow in the non-banter thread has gotten out of hand. Nobody gives a sh$t how bad you feel about not getting snow.

I give a sh*t about how bad I feel about not getting snow, though I don't give a sh*t about how you feel for not getting snow.

I do give a sh*t if I'm not getting snow while you are, but if I'm getting deathbanded while you snizzle, then I couldn't give two sh*ts about it.

Archived