Newest Member
    joxey
MA'ers need a reality check

H2O

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group hug?

This may not be the place to say this, if so, my apologies to H2O and others for the holiday schmaltz, but here it goes...

To the hit and run, snarky people who seem to derive pleasure at rubbing salt in the wounds of another, know this; I have forgotten your comments faster than it took you to type them. And I will continue to dismiss your existence (until you are traded....)  

To H2O, Mappy, Bob Chill, Randy, Ian, RR, Leesburg, and so many more, I want to say thank you.

I won't get into the details, other than to say the entire year has been pretty shi**y.

Anyway, my point is, this wonderfully chaotic, frenetically humorous, lovable bunch of the perfectly imperfect, has kept me laughing & learning, allowed me to live your excitements vicariously, and distracted me from the drama when my mind needed the break. 

Years ago I saw a quote. I tried to find it yesterday to send it to someone, but wasn't able to locate it.  So I'll paraphrase and hopefully it will make sense.

If you bring even one moment of comfort to the life of another, you've made a difference.

Unbeknownst to many of you, the banter, one liners, crazy maps/pictures/songs and good spirited sarcasm made a huge difference for someone you've never even met.

Thank you. :wub:

Alright, schmaltzy moment over. I'm heading out to the deck to make a snowballs. Who wants to drive them to D.C. for me? 

And btw, just for the record, if it snows in heaven, there's never a rush to buy toilet paper.  

Don't ask me how I know that.... ;)

Group hug?

This may not be the place to say this, if so, my apologies to H2O and others for the holiday schmaltz, but here it goes...

To the hit and run, snarky people who seem to derive pleasure at rubbing salt in the wounds of another, know this; I have forgotten your comments faster than it took you to type them. And I will continue to dismiss your existence (until you are traded....)  

To H2O, Mappy, Bob Chill, Randy, Ian, RR, Leesburg, and so many more, I want to say thank you.

I won't get into the details, other than to say the entire year has been pretty shi**y.

Anyway, my point is, this wonderfully chaotic, frenetically humorous, lovable bunch of the perfectly imperfect, has kept me laughing & learning, allowed me to live your excitements vicariously, and distracted me from the drama when my mind needed the break. 

Years ago I saw a quote. I tried to find it yesterday to send it to someone, but wasn't able to locate it.  So I'll paraphrase and hopefully it will make sense.

If you bring even one moment of comfort to the life of another, you've made a difference.

Unbeknownst to many of you, the banter, one liners, crazy maps/pictures/songs and good spirited sarcasm made a huge difference for someone you've never even met.

Alright, schmaltzy moment over. I'm heading out to the deck to make a snowballs. Who wants to drive them to D.C. for me? 

And btw, just for the record, if it snows in heaven, there's never a rush to buy toilet paper.  

+1000

I've made a post or 2 about it already...These type of storms aren't that uncommon.  This is a more exceptional example, but there is nothing terribly rare about this.  The idea that DC folks are butthurt or resentful is hilarious and a complete fabrication and the lack of examples is telling

I made a couple of comments this morning that are in direct contrast to H2O's thread.  In my opinion, there were a couple of posts made by those that got snow that sounded a little childish.  No big deal.  It's gotten blown a bit out of proportion.

Group hug?

A little schmaltz is good now and then! :santa:   (for some reason makes me think of the Willie Wonka quote, "a little madness now and then, is cherished by the wisest men!)

On toilet paper...when I lived in Atlanta years ago, any time there was a threat of snow or ice everyone would rush out and buy toilet paper and milk (milk, of all things, when you expect power to go out??)!!

Let's do this:

We all have a beer/snow summit at mapgirls.  Take the cover off the pool, and I'll dive in nekkid while it's snowing while everyone is enjoying beers outside....h20 supplies the beer, mapgirl makes appetizers (Ian, bring a taster).   We can all ride up in my bus.

I'm in.

Let's do this:

We all have a beer/snow summit at mapgirls.  Take the cover off the pool, and I'll dive in nekkid while it's snowing while everyone is enjoying beers outside....h20 supplies the beer, mapgirl makes appetizers (Ian, bring a taster).   We can all ride up in my bus.

googling Milwaukee's Best keg vendor right now

Let's do this:

Do I have to ride up all in your bus?

Let's do this:

You better fix that damn bus, i cannot take a 4th year of it not working. 

Archived