• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MA'ers need a reality check

H2O

If you walked into a room and 2 brothers were wrestling and one was bludgeoning the other to death causing bleeding, your response would be "Come on guys, play nice" ;)

It depends...shirtless wrestling?   I'd let it go on for a little bit first and THEN say "come on guys, play nice".

But an internet fight is certainly analogous. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you asked for proof and I'm using this post as exhibit A for the defense on appeal to the appellate court

You guys are nitpicking and ignoring commentary from the other side. I've already hashed this out with mapgirl by text.. I thought all was fine. I guess not. I can't for the life of me figure out why people who have met in person and have been chatting online for years can't act like friends but there are numerous instances of that being problematic over time.. so perhaps it's best we all just converse like robots. 

A lot of us have been posting about weather together for like a decade and like to make fun of each other over stuff and/or use dry humor.  There's pretty much no issue these days except maybe eating babies for dinner that you won't get folks on both sides of the argument.  

Speaking of babies and since this is pretty much a no-weather banter thread, my 13 year old told me a couple of jokes that are making the rounds in middle school:

- What's the difference between a pile of dead babies and a Ferrari?  I don't have a Ferrari in my garage...

- How many dead babies does it take to fill a bathtub?  11 1/2.

I tried them in my staff meeting yesterday and was met with a WIDE range of responses.

Speaking of babies and since this is pretty much a no-weather banter thread, my 13 year old told me a couple of jokes that are making the rounds in middle school:

- What's the difference between a pile of dead babies and a Ferrari?  I don't have a Ferrari in my garage...

- How many dead babies does it take to fill a bathtub?  11 1/2.

I tried them in my staff meeting yesterday and was met with a WIDE range of responses.

lol.. I'm sure. 

You guys are nitpicking and ignoring commentary from the other side. I've already hashed this out with mapgirl by text.. I thought all was fine. I guess not. I can't for the life of me figure out why people who have met in person and have been chatting online for years can't act like friends but there are numerous instances of that being problematic over time.. so perhaps it's best we all just converse like robots. 

Likewise.  

Look, you expect everyone to take emotion out of the equation when friends read posts.  Doesn't work like that and will never work like that.  You cannot sit there and honestly say that 100% of everyones posts are devoid of sarcasm when it comes to missing out on weather events.  You, I and most others here agree that weather is an IMBY thing and some react poorly when others do well and some get shafted.

You can't say that it is all jest.  When someone makes a joke the first couple times most people laugh.  When it is said 1000000000 times it gets old and annoying as hell.  

A car, a couple of hours, and a cheap hotel could do the trick. I want to retire in Snowshoe. A place where you never have to worry.

But snow is not just snow. Its a lot more than that to most people here. It can change your whole mood, your whole mindset. I got snow last weekend and a week later Im still in an overall better mood than I would have been without it.

Likewise.  

Look, you expect everyone to take emotion out of the equation when friends read posts.  Doesn't work like that and will never work like that.  You cannot sit there and honestly say that 100% of everyones posts are devoid of sarcasm when it comes to missing out on weather events.  You, I and most others here agree that weather is an IMBY thing and some react poorly when others do well and some get shafted.

You can't say that it is all jest.  When someone makes a joke the first couple times most people laugh.  When it is said 1000000000 times it gets old and annoying as hell.  

post-1615-0-91866100-1386955693_thumb.jp

And my whole effing point behind this thread was to spotlight the constant "oh, look, N&W are going to cash in yet again." stuff that is starting to fill up storm threads. 

but aren't they? i've removed some posts since you made this thread. we'll take it to heart at least somewhat. but it goes both ways and people should stop being so sensitive. 

It's clear to me that the REAL losers in the current pattern aren't the snow-starved masses in DC and points S & E, but the snowed-in folks N&W. I mean, can you even ENJOY snow pouring down when someone occasionally posts a snarkily jealous post on a message board?

I mean, seriously - lighten up, folks. How is this even a thing? I've seen like one or two mildly jealous posts in the last week - and now we're supposed to feel sad because someone is so sensitive that they for some reason feel too "guilty" to post obs or pics?

Sheesh.

Archived