Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter storm 12/8-9 Observations/Nowcasting II

nj2va

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fun day.  i admit i had some radar hallucinating doubts, but that cold high made it an epic early december winter day.  broke my jeep in around the boyds area where it was snowing to beat the band for a while.  measured a consistent 3" around the area there.  now it's pinging outside, but i like some sleet so long as it's after some snow.  pretty dam good start to the winter.

uh oh, I just fell to 27.7.. Steady light freezing rain with some sleet mixed in at times. Plow just went down my street. It's getting very slippery out there. It's not just treacherous driving, it's getting pretty dicey trying to jebwalk, and I am not as young as I used to be.

There's no appreciable lull. The freezing precip keeps on redeveloping to our SW as the thousand mile long moisture laden conveyor belt keeps on trucking in copious amounts of moisture

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full.php

Sleet/ frozen has not let up. Should be interesting in the am. That slug of the next batch looks formidable.

not gonna lie... that next wave looks like it might cause us some serious trouble. at first i was really stoked at the thought of big ice, but now not so much.

Archived