joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm 12/8-9 Observations/Nowcasting II

nj2va

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That next batch of precip to the SW does not look good. We're still subfreezing with a layer of snow and sleet on the ground. I thought I read earlier that we might get .8 worth of liquid tonight - all in the form of freezing rain. Give it to Harford. You know what they say, Winner take all.

wxdude64, on 08 Dec 2013 - 3:03 PM, said:snapback.png

Agree 100%. Many in and around there have gone close to two years with marginal 'whiteness'. Enjoy!  :)

Wxdude, you think we get at least another 0.5 precip here with the band later on?  This dry slot has been demoralizing hah.

Possible, lots of stuff pulling up thru SE right now. 

ProTip (via Mark/ Ellinwood)... If you have snow on your car, DO NOT clear it off! Removing snow with an ice top layer is a lot easier then scraping off ice!

True. Always lol at folks that clear off their cars and then spend an hour scraping the next morning. Just wait until it's done.

Moderate sleet and freezing rain here, 29.  Looks like about an inch of slop on the deck, half inch of slush on the roads.  I just came back from Dulles Town Center though.  More snow up there, only 10+ miles away.  Evergreen trees looked nice up that way.  Centreville just looks like a rainstorm almost.

Archived