joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching the RAP and as of its 23z run it looked really good wrt that backside area of precip swinging through. Then with its 0z run it looked completely different. Now the NAM looks just like it. I don't know if either means anything, just an observatio

01z RAP looks good to me (as good as can be as expected).  The vort looks very strong and looks like some kind of deform band sets up east of the blue ridge between 16 and 18 hours.  Then again, I'm talking about the RAP at 18 hours, clearly I'm desperate for some flakes.

The 00Z NAM hints at snow and sleet showers across the Balto/DC area after 21Z tomorrow.

Just a few hundredths of an inch of precip though.  Could be something between a coating and a third of an inch.

The difference is the vort that just doesn't dig as far south or look as impressive as previous runs...

It's 60 at Richmond.  If you drive to my house you'll find the torch. 

I wonder how much further it will make it. Models seemed to back it up till about midnight or 1a.  Still prob 43-44 imby.

Nope. I just hope we reach over 2".  That still seems like a decent bet. 

Yeah, haven't done a heavy look but think DCA is running lower than a lot of spots and nearing 1". Maybe a bit of a break in a while.?. we need a pivot.  :P

Archived