wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I left Columbia at 9:45 and it was 47 on my car thermometer. Car read 35 as I pulled into home here in Frederick at 10:30. The temps would drop in 2-3 degree chunks every 5-8 minutes as I went west on 70. Pretty cool.

Staying in one place here in Burke, and it's doing the same thing!

10m winds from GREarth Mesoanalysis

Here's a GIF - 

cool thx. it's probably building the grid off the station points.  DCA is still west of the front at the sfc I believe based on winds -- tho warmer air was flooding in over top.  looked like it basically made it to the eastern beltway or so. i think it's pushing back east now.  see if DCA falls.

cool thx. it's probably building the grid off the station points.  DCA is still west of the front at the sfc I believe based on winds -- tho warmer air was flooding in over top.  looked like it basically made it to the eastern beltway or so. i think it's pushing back east now.  see if DCA falls.

I probably don't use GREarth enough to justify the cost lol - trying to use it more lately. 

Nearest wxbug station is sitting at 42 right now. 

check out the new GFS

nice blob of snow appears over us at 24 hr. panel

all falls in this three hours it seems -- or enough to show colors.

dc-balt bullseye

post-1615-0-75690700-1385524391_thumb.gi

edit: even by 21z DCA sounding looks kinda dry so it might be like a 1-2 hour thump

Topped out at 41, now 37 degrees. NO northerly wind tho.

EDIT - Damn weatherbug on my phone is not showing the wind. We got north winds gusting to 18 mph. It's getting pretty blustery out there with plenty of rain. It's been entertaining watching the temp drop but I expect the drop to come to a screeching halt at 35 degrees until after all the precip moves well east of the area tomorrow.

Archived