joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.21" here.  Why are you always colder and wetter than me?  Wait, did CTBlizz move?

making stuff up is fun.

I just looked at 3 wx stations that record prep on Wundermap.

Springfield: .38

Huntley Meadows: .35

Barcroft: .36

Seems all are fairly close to what I have so I don't know what to tell you.  Temps seem cooler for me so far.  Not sure why.  Could be the chuck of ice i keep right next to my PWS

making stuff up is fun.

I just looked at 3 wx stations that record prep on Wundermap.

Springfield: .38

Huntley Meadows: .35

Barcroft: .36

Seems all are fairly close to what I have so I don't know what to tell you.  Temps seem cooler for me so far.  Not sure why.  Could be the chuck of ice i keep right next to my PWS

I'm too lazy to go out and check but think I'm up with you for storm totals. 

I went back to at least the 18z run, and through 21z the NAM isn't actually doing that bad QPF-wise. 

I think most of the models had like 85% of the rain in 10 hours or so starting this evening. 

Does anyone want to discuss the 18z gfs? It looks to me like it is showing more snow than before.

It does look fairly decent.. among the better runs for snow.  Sfc temps are probably an issue still and it generally favors n&w of 95.  Leesburg might get frosted.

Temp is up to 32.7F in Clarksburg. Stayed below freezing all day until just a few minutes ago. The glaze of ice has just started to come cracklin' down all over the place and is finally bringing down the last of the pincushion oak leaves. I'd guess the ZR total was 0.1", only on raised surfaces even tho the ground was frozen this morning.

0.49" in the bucket so far.

It does look fairly decent.. among the better runs for snow.  Sfc temps are probably an issue still and it generally favors n&w of 95.  Leesburg might get frosted.

I suppose there's been enough evidence to think snow falling from the sky for a period is becoming kinda likely. I'm pretty sure everyone in the forum would consider that a win of sorts. The usual suspects to the NW may have some photo ops. UL energy has a way of taking are of business in these parts. In this case an hour or two of snow tv at the window is plenty good. 

I suppose there's been enough evidence to think snow falling from the sky for a period is becoming kinda likely. I'm pretty sure everyone in the forum would consider that a win of sorts. The usual suspects to the NW may have some photo ops. UL energy has a way of taking are of business in these parts. In this case an hour or two of snow tv at the window is plenty good. 

Yeah. I'm kinda poopooing today but it's more interesting than most of our "backlash" events with that southern 500 low/remnant passing by pretty nicely.  If it was scheduled to come thru at like midnight I'd probably feel better in my backyard tho since I've downplayed today it probably will perform... ;)

18z GFS, looks like a snow sounding for DC from 27 hr on, after which maybe 0.10 falls (hard to tell with the 6hr precip maps).  So maybe we get a nice little period of snow after all.

24? the 24 hr sounding is still a bit warm but it's probably rapidly cooling. the 27 is solidly snow but precip is done by then.  it looks like some fraction of this would be snow around here.. which is still the same general conclusion tho could be like half non snow?

post-1615-0-58037900-1385508151_thumb.gi

post-1615-0-53611700-1385508172_thumb.gi

24? the 24 hr sounding is still a bit warm but it's probably rapidly cooling. the 27 is solidly snow but precip is done by then.  it looks like some fraction of this would be snow around here.. which is still the same general conclusion tho could be like half non snow?

attachicon.gifgfs_namer_027_precip_p03.gif

attachicon.gifgfs_namer_030_precip_p03.gif

i'll happy take it.  snow before thanksgiving is good

WinterWxLuvr probably just popped a hole in his roof looking at that map.

it accumulates there from hr zero. it must be one of the algorithm issues unless he hasn't checked in because he's lost power from the heavy wet snow or something.

it accumulates there from hr zero. it must be one of the algorithm issues unless he hasn't checked in because he's lost power from the heavy wet snow or something.

Ah makes more sense, that guy definitely has a portable generator so he can charge up his phone to come on americanwx  :lol: .

Archived