Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 26-28 Coastal Storm Discussion and Obs

DCAlexandria

LOL, you guys are awesome.

Truthfully, when I saw that map the first thought that passed through my brain was what a crock of sh*t. I did laugh though, as I imagined Bobs reaction if it actually happened.

I haven't checked in as I've been pretty busy. Not much going on out here. Raining pretty good with a little ice on the trees.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could imagine it snowing a little. There's some modest vertical lift on the tail as it all pulls away. 

attachicon.gif18gfs24hr.JPG

the qpf map looks solid.. could imagine a nice 'comma head' -- too bad it doesnt have sim radar. that weird temporary dual low structure with the southern vort. it is pretty:

post-1615-0-07267600-1385510333_thumb.gi

the qpf map looks solid.. could imagine a nice 'comma head' -- too bad it doesnt have sim radar. that weird temporary dual low structure with the southern vort. it is pretty:

I always like ul dynamics when having a chance at snow falling. I know you do as well. Sometimes it's meh and sometimes a band or two fires on the nw side. Pretty good h5 track for us to get lucky. By lucky I mean a period of moderate snow that incinerates on contact in a pool of snow blood. Someone could see under half mile vis for a time if it happens. We won't know much until it's practically on top of us. Something to look forward to tomorrow. 

Figured out my rainfall problem earlier.  Had a leaf in the rain gauge.  Typically not a problem, just screws with the rates a little.  Instead, this leaf was in stem-first and was actually blocking the tipping bucket.  

Solution:  manually tip the bucket enough times to match the CoCoRahs gauge.  We'll just ignore the 10" hour rate ;)

0.75" on the day now.

Archived