• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

It's a shame peak color at in the far western areas has since passed. The snow with colors would have made for some really nice pics. This is Rte 50 at Table Rock, so not that far from Oakland/Davis/etc.

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/video.php?feed=be00a3fe007d00d30050fa36c4235c0a

Cool. I see it is snowing at the 'Shoe, but they fogged in pretty bad so thiers isn't near as good a pic. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Special thanks to UsedToBe, aka Wes, for speaking at our dam workshop today.  Nice work on the flooding presentation!

Thanks. I enjoyed it except for the commute. I had forgotten how brutal the beltway is north of DC.  The commute home was easy, the coming out I guess there were residual accidents from the rain or nutty drivers. 

First snow accums in WV and VA I believe

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENTSPOTTER REPORTSNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC602 PM EDT WED OCT 23 2013THE FOLLOWING ARE UNOFFICIAL OBSERVATIONS TAKEN DURING THE PAST 6HOURS FOR THE STORM THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTING OUR REGION. APPRECIATIONIS EXTENDED TO HIGHWAY DEPARTMENTS...COOPERATIVE OBSERVERS...SKYWARNSPOTTERS AND MEDIA FOR THESE REPORTS. THIS SUMMARY IS ALSO AVAILABLEON OUR HOME PAGE AT WEATHER.GOV/BALTIMORE********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************LOCATION          STORM TOTAL     TIME/DATE   COMMENTS                                        SNOWFALL           OF                      /INCHES/   MEASUREMENTVIRGINIA...HIGHLAND COUNTY...   3 WNW HIGHTOWN         1.0   530 PM 10/23  PUBLIC                  WEST VIRGINIA...GRANT COUNTY...   BAYARD                 1.0  1200 PM 10/23  CO-OP OBSERVER          $$JRK

What is the point of putting out a freeze watch >24hrs out?

To give people time to buy blankets for their plants?

We still have figs growing. Been putting a tarp over them every night, as we have had some patchy frost each morning.

Quite chilly this morning with the breeze

Archived