• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

CMC and EURO look cool 9 to 10 days out... ridge in the west and trough in the east as well

GFS pokes the ridge between the hudson and aleution vortices all the way into the arctic circle. Decent -nao placement as well. Even hints at letting some energy slide under it. Not a perfect split flow or anything but i would be on fire if I saw this in DJF. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-3" for the 'burbs, drizzle for DCA. 

Think most everyone outside of DC does get a freeze before the end of October. 

I'm thinkin the same on the freeze. GFS hinted at good cool shot post mid month about 2 weeks ago but then backed off during the heatwave. PNA tooks it's good ole time to relax but I think there's consensus that the lw pattern over the US is going to flip opposites.

Pretty fat surface high depicted on the gfs. We'll need that + calm winds + clear skies to get BWI. I think IAD is close to a lock. DCA will obviously need 2 pattern flips after to get it taken care of. 

Saw a sizeable fireball in the sky driving from New Windsor to Westminster in Carroll County around 8:20 - 8:30.  Was about 70 degree angle traveling SE to NW.  Pretty cool to witness.

Like to report a VERY LARGE burning orb high in the sky that is lighting up the entire area,  first visible around noon today thru the high clouds and fog and seems to be drifting slowly to the west...... 

Brief but yeah cooler...I'm worried my freeze guess foriad is too early now

Setup is definitely still there for IAD. Just need one good radiational cooling night. Surface high is in a good spot. 

I have a hunch that just like with the gfs in late sept early oct breaking down the -pna too quickly that it's breaking down the +pna too quickly. Get a good vort turning north of the great lakes and it can be stubborn. Some pretty nice blocking wobbling all over greenland. Much to be resolved. Coolest air of the year is a lock but that's supposed to happen now. lol

All indications still show it looking a bit nippy in the extended range.  Big ridge on the West Coast.  If this were winter, I think we'd all be really interested in what the next couple weeks could bring.

I heard it through the grapevine that things should be cool through mid Nov so a nice stretch of at or below temps would be nice for a change.  When was our last neg departure month?

I heard it through the grapevine that things should be cool through mid Nov so a nice stretch of at or below temps would be nice for a change.  When was our last neg departure month?

Ahhh...did your "source" tell you that?  :lol:

I honestly don't know when our last negative departure month was, nor would I know where to find such info.  Which just goes to show you how sad it is that only you and I are commenting on actual weather right now.

September was below normal at BWI and IAD and just above normal at DCA. August was below normal at all 3.  

Archived