northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They want to get it out of the way. Verify it with a few stations and be done with it for the year. 

BWI MOS has consistently been near freezing. Andrews around 33/34.  I think there may indeed be at least some pockets east of the initial warning area that get a freeze but I wouldn't bet too heavily at any one spot, whereas I'd be surprised if IAD misses it.

I'm taking a chance not covering my pepper plants.  I'm probably being stupid but am too lazy to go out now.

Most stations still have at least minor to moderate wind issues for prime cooling. Still some clouds about too. Even Dulles might only get like a 31/32. I think tomorrow night will be the coldest of the batch, though some disagreement between nam and gfs there. 

DT is honking significant severe potential on his FB page for next Thursday :P

timing looks off on the gfs. plus it's winter. ooooo 3" thick line of gusty winds. 

KS into MO prior days maybe.. tho i see some kinked hodos. def has some svr potential as a trough tho.

Wunderground PWS have some low numbers scattered about even down near La Plata etc.  Dews shouldn't drop much more so might be a bottom early type of night but today was colder than expected maybe tonight will overperform. 

I'm taking a chance not covering my pepper plants.  I'm probably being stupid but am too lazy to go out now.

Bell peppers are shot but for some reason the Jalapenos haven't minded this cold weather.

Wunderground PWS have some low numbers scattered about even down near La Plata etc.  Dews shouldn't drop much more so might be a bottom early type of night but today was colder than expected maybe tonight will overperform. 

Some of the stations east of I-95 have dews in the upper 20s to near 30...might support temps dropping right at 32 if we can get the wind to just die.

get away from Rt. 301  and there are a lot of hills and valleys that would allow for cover from wind and/or decoupling in the low spots

get away from Rt. 301  and there are a lot of hills and valleys that would allow for cover from wind and/or decoupling in the low spots

Oh yeah. Head out towards Davidsonville, western PG county, low spots in and around the patuxent, etc and there are plenty of areas that cool well. I had frost on my car this morning.

It's such a garbage reporting station.

It is a special case but there are a lot of terrible reporting stations. BWI is Baltimore's record book? OK sure.

I still come  to the conclusion that it's not super unrepresentative of the immediate downtown area. That might not be good enough.

WTOP in upper NW wxbug is 39 tho, that's a good diff over a short distance. The DCA issue is at its most extreme early and late cold season. Or those nights when it's 97 with an 86 dewpoint at midnight. 

Archived