• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October Banter Thread

H2O

I have twin 16 year year old girls. I've earned my right to advise, b!tch and kick puppies. 

Late to the party here, had to work thru the shutdown.  I have 6 teenage girls.  Count 'em.  6.  Sometimes, I just don't think I'm going to make it.  When I get home after work, I'll know within 30 seconds if it's going to be a good evening or not.  If I sense trouble, I'll grab my one male cat and head to the basement muttering, "it's just you and me, buddy, just you and me..."

I have lots of advice to give.  Lots.  Anyone on the board, feel free to hit me up!

:^)

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late to the party here.  I have 6 teenage girls.  Count 'em.  6.  Sometimes, I just don't think I'm going to make it.  When I get home after work, I'll know within 30 seconds if it's going to be a good evening or not.  If I sense trouble, I'll grab my one male cat and head to the basement muttering, "it's just you and me, buddy, just you and me..."

I have lots of advice to give.  Lots.  Anyone on the board, feel free to hit me up!

:ee:

Late to the party here.  I have 6 teenage girls.  Count 'em.  6.  Sometimes, I just don't think I'm going to make it.  When I get home after work, I'll know within 30 seconds if it's going to be a good evening or not.  If I sense trouble, I'll grab my one male cat and head to the basement muttering, "it's just you and me, buddy, just you and me..."

You poor bastard.  :P

I have two girls less than two years apart and I swear that not even my brother and I fought as much as these two do. 

You poor bastard.  :P

I have two girls less than two years apart and I swear that not even my brother and I fought as much as these two do. 

It's pretty exciting.  5 of 6 are foster kids so the whole group spans 7 years, a wide variety of cultures, races, religions and socio-economic backgrounds so there are those stressors on top of the normal hormonal cycles and sibling rivalries.  It's like a bad, bad day at the UN sometimes.  Like I said, exciting.

All that said, I absolutely love it.  The positives far, far outweigh the negatives.

Greetings from Blenheim vineyard near CHO. Beautiful area.

Back to the other discussion - Lost River State Park in Mathias, WV is very nice this time of year.  Some of the best foliage viewing around.

Canaan Valley is great, too.

The areas mentioned off I-68 are nice also, but I avoid crossing the Potomac into MD whenever possible.

It's pretty exciting.  5 of 6 are foster kids so the whole group spans 7 years, a wide variety of cultures, races, religions and socio-economic backgrounds so there are those stressors on top of the normal hormonal cycles and sibling rivalries.  It's like a bad, bad day at the UN sometimes.  Like I said, exciting.

All that said, I absolutely love it.  The positives far, far outweigh the negatives.

Oh, trust me, even on the worst days they will always manage to something so fricken sweet that makes me forget that they caused 10 aneuryisms that day.

And kudos to you for taking in such a wide range of kids to help them on their way to adulthood.

Exactly, just go naked in a snowstorm.  Works for us Eskimos!

In college I ran out of swim practice and dove into a snowbank in my speedo in front of a tour group of pre-frosh.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Then my coach locked me out and my hand froze to the handle.

Archived