12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill take the extra time and go to snowshoe, I love it, Had a blast last December up there.

We are going to Snowshoe for the first time in late December - thanks for the pictures!  Can't wait to get out there.  We've gone to Wisp the past 3 years and we've always lucked out with a 10-12" of lake effect snow the weekend we're there - here's to hoping for more of the same at Snowshoe!

We are going to Snowshoe for the first time in late December - thanks for the pictures!  Can't wait to get out there.  We've gone to Wisp the past 3 years and we've always lucked out with a 10-12" of lake effect snow the weekend we're there - here's to hoping for more of the same at Snowshoe!

You are going to love Snowshoe, WV. It is heaven on Earth for snow weenies and ski lovers. It is like a little town on top of the mountain. Wisp is very nice too but I think i would rate Snowshoe higher than Wisp. Hope you get hammered with snow when your there.  Depending on which way you go, it can be a tricky ride but a scenic one if the sun is shining.

You are going to love Snowshoe, WV. It is heaven on Earth for snow weenies and ski lovers. It is like a little town on top of the mountain. Wisp is very nice too but I think i would rate Snowshoe higher than Wisp. Hope you get hammered with snow when your there.  Depending on which way you go, it can be a tricky ride but a scenic one if the sun is shining.

Yeah, we are really looking forward to it.  Wisp is fine but Snowshoe certainly looks better in terms of things to do (village), average annual snowfall, and the number of trails.  

Speaking of the ride, last year we decided to come up through WV to Wisp instead of the usual route through Maryland.  Back then I was driving my non-4WD vehicle and it was certainly a tricky drive through the mountains of WV.  It'll be much better with the 4WD this year.  Actually now that I think of it, the rental agency for the house at Snowshoe said 4WD is required to get to the house on the slopes. 

Lol, my daughter who is now 14 was colicy until she was 6 months old. It was almost 6 months of hell, all she did was scream from morning to night no matter what you did. I swore I would never have another kid after her but I had 3 more :D . I hope your daughter is feeling better when she wakes up.

She was feeling much better! Ate a full bottle and was all smiles and giggles. So back to daycare she went. Looks like whatever she had is making its rounds at daycare too, couple other kids are out with the same thing. That time of year!

We thought she had colic as a baby... first two weeks were hell. She went through a period every evening where she did nothing but scream. Nothing we did would sooth her. And it would last well until the wee morning hours. For. Two. Weeks. UGH.

So at her two week appointment we are begging the doctor to tell us what is wrong with her, anything to make us feel better that it wasn't us (because you know, first time parents always blame themselves). Anyways, turns out it was us (hahaha) we just weren't giving her enough to eat. Seems what we thought was an appropriate size bottle wasn't (at least to her). Didn't have that  nightime screaming issue ever again.

She was feeling much better! Ate a full bottle and was all smiles and giggles. So back to daycare she went. Looks like whatever she had is making its rounds at daycare too, couple other kids are out with the same thing. That time of year!

We thought she had colic as a baby... first two weeks were hell. She went through a period every evening where she did nothing but scream. Nothing we did would sooth her. And it would last well until the wee morning hours. For. Two. Weeks. UGH.

So at her two week appointment we are begging the doctor to tell us what is wrong with her, anything to make us feel better that it wasn't us (because you know, first time parents always blame themselves). Anyways, turns out it was us (hahaha) we just weren't giving her enough to eat. Seems what we thought was an appropriate size bottle wasn't (at least to her). Didn't have that  nightime screaming issue ever again.

Funny story, glad she is feeling better and it was not colic.

Been sick since Sunday. I skipped classes yesterday but when I showed up for class today my professor told me to go home. I've never been told to go home by a professor before, I must have looked really bad.

its that time of year! feel better :hug:

Been sick since Sunday. I skipped classes yesterday but when I showed up for class today my professor told me to go home. I've never been told to go home by a professor before, I must have looked really bad.

Depends, if it was Geiger then you are walking dead indeed.  That man expects everyone to attend at all times.

Dump her ;) .

:o

Depends, if it was Geiger then you are walking dead indeed.  That man expects everyone to attend at all times.

Well, I showed up to my 8am seminar with no problems as I just sat in the back, but it was Geiger when I walked into Adv. GIS and he said "feeling better?"? I said not really.  He then took 3 steps back and said, "looks like it, go home." I was kind of surprised, but he was insistent.

My 11 month old got a runny nose last Monday. Two days later my wife had a horrible head cold. She was out of commission Thurs-Sat. Everyone is feeling better now. My wife got it worse than our daughter it seems.

My 11 month old got a runny nose last Monday. Two days later my wife had a horrible head cold. She was out of commission Thurs-Sat. Everyone is feeling better now. My wife got it worse than our daughter it seems.

Same thing happened with my wife and 9-month-old daughter about a month ago. I was fine. ;)

Same thing happened with my wife and 9-month-old daughter about a month ago. I was fine. ;)

My daughters always want to snuggle up to daddy when they get sick. That usually ensures them sneezing or coughing in my general direction. Rare are the times when I can avoid catching the same cold.

Not gonna lie -- reading our winter thread, and Philly's winter thread, and SNE winter thread... I feel incredibly stupid.

Well, I think the board  helps educate folks about weather, so I hope you're learning a bit as well.  I don't mind admitting that the stuff HM throws out there turns my mind into knots.  I understand most of the WORDS he's saying, but I usually can't visualize the kind of physical connections he's making.  

Well, I think the board  helps educate folks about weather, so I hope you're learning a bit as well.  I don't mind admitting that the stuff HM throws out there turns my mind into knots.  I understand most of the WORDS he's saying, but I usually can't visualize the kind of physical connections he's making.

School is helping me a bit. In my grad program I was told to take an undergrad intro met course since I had no background in that subject and now I understand skew-T far better than I ever did before.

Not gonna lie -- reading our winter thread, and Philly's winter thread, and SNE winter thread... I feel incredibly stupid.

There, there...it's ok.  We still like you.  :P  Now go brush up on Rossby waves, mountain torque and how solar flares can lead to SSWs and it's affect on the PV.

I use stick figures and legos

well in this case knowledge is not necessarily power. think of all the time you aren't wasting on thinking about seasonal thoughts that won't end up verifying. 

Sure, it educates me plenty. But I still don't understand most of it. And that's okay. That part of meteorology isn't my thing. It would be like some of you red taggers trying to understand what MARSSIM is, how to depict it accurately in a map, fishnet out some SUs, with random or systematic samples, plot X,Y orgins taken from actual GIS coordinates into a table.. and so on (and thats just my morning ;))

Sure, it educates me plenty. But I still don't understand most of it. And that's okay. That part of meteorology isn't my thing. It would be like some of you red taggers trying to understand what MARSSIM is, how to depict it accurately in a map, fishnet out some SUs, with random or systematic samples, plot X,Y orgins taken from actual GIS coordinates into a table.. and so on (and thats just my morning ;))

Actually, I know all about MARS sims.  :guitar:  

Archived