Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me something I don't know. ;)

Thanks, though, mappy!  Isn't being a parent so awesome (and somewhat terrifying and awful at the same time)? :lol:

Yes, and quite exhausting. K is thisclose to walking... scares the **** out of me, because i know she will be even more exhausting to chase around

Yes, and quite exhausting. K is thisclose to walking... scares the **** out of me, because i know she will be even more exhausting to chase around

I hear ya!  I don't know how my wife does it being at home all day!

The B just stood on her own yesterday (i.e. we didn't hold her up and let her go to test her out), which freaked my wife out.  She gets around so well crawling that she might stick with that for a while, but she cruises a lot now, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if she decideds to try to take a step in the next month or so.

I hear ya!  I don't know how my wife does it being at home all day!

The B just stood on her own yesterday (i.e. we didn't hold her up and let her go to test her out), which freaked my wife out.  She gets around so well crawling that she might stick with that for a while, but she cruises a lot now, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if she decideds to try to take a step in the next month or so.

I have a feeling you will notice B standing up a lot more now, especially since she figured out how to do it on her own. K was a little shy at doing it at first, but once she got it, its really all she wants to do. Get her a walker of some sort soon, will definitely help with the coordination. K figured out last weekend how to turn the walker (or the recycling bin) around from one direction to another. No more help from mommy and daddy when she gets stuck!

I have a feeling you will notice B standing up a lot more now, especially since she figured out how to do it on her own. K was a little shy at doing it at first, but once she got it, its really all she wants to do. Get her a walker of some sort soon, will definitely help with the coordination. K figured out last weekend how to turn the walker (or the recycling bin) around from one direction to another. No more help from mommy and daddy when she gets stuck!

Good point - I wouldn't be surprised one bit.  I think they just need a little confidence that they can actually stand up, and when they get it there's nothing to stop them!

Re: the recycling bin...it's crazy that we can buy/be given all these fancy toys for our kids, but often it's the recycling bin or a plastic bag or a piece of cardbord that keeps them occupied for the longest time. :lol:

Good point - I wouldn't be surprised one bit.  I think they just need a little confidence that they can actually stand up, and when they get it there's nothing to stop them!

Re: the recycling bin...it's crazy that we can buy/be given all these fancy toys for our kids, but often it's the recycling bin or a plastic bag or a piece of cardbord that keeps them occupied for the longest time. :lol:

My wife buys all these elaborate thing for the kids and the #1 toy they play with is a cheap azz plastic shopping cart. 

And a nugget of advice about walking and standing.  Don't freak out when they fall over or bump into things that cause a little crying.  Babies/kids are far more durable than we think. 

Totally. She actually looks sad on Tuesday evenings when the bin is empty (Tuesday is pick up day for recycling). The dogs love her too because she pulls all these containers and paper towel tubes out, then leaves them all over the place for the dogs to chew on.

Good times in my house.

My wife buys all these elaborate thing for the kids and the #1 toy they play with is a cheap azz plastic shopping cart. 

And a nugget of advice about walking and standing.  Don't freak out when they fall over or bump into things that cause a little crying.  Babies/kids are far more durable than we think. 

Yes. K has fallen so many times and bumped her head, mostly without a peep. Just gets up and does it again. I was a little worried at first, but now I'm like "pffft, she's fine". lol

Archived