• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Remembering Snowpocalypse -- 12/18-12/19, 2009

Ian

That was a great storm for us for many reasons.  The 18th of Dec is my birthday for one.  That aside, it was the best welcome home present our family could have hoped for.  We'd just returned to the US that Fall from a few years in Thailand, where I may point out it don't snow...  ever!  (except inside the snow house at the Dreamworld amusement park).  We'd just bought a new house on 30 Nov and moved in the first week of Dec 09.  Also bought a small Kubota tractor with a front end loader the week before the storm to go along with my two Gravely walk behinds (our driveway is 500 feet long).  The Kubota with loader, a blade on one Gravely and a blower on the other Gravely saved us and the neighbors.  What a Dec that was, only to be followed by the back to back fun in Feb 2010.  No snow this year for my b-day - darn it. 

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Happy Anniversary, Mappy!

Thank you! Besides the obvious memory of the day and the snow, I think my favorite part was driving from my aunt's house in Frederick to the venue, at 7am, in pouring snow, listening to White Wedding on repeat while I chain smoked in the passenger seat. :lol: 

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, mappy said:

Thank you! Besides the obvious memory of the day and the snow, I think my favorite part was driving from my aunt's house in Frederick to the venue, at 7am, in pouring snow, listening to White Wedding on repeat while I chain smoked in the passenger seat. :lol: 

Good stuff, though I would have never imagined you as a smoker!