northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Ianwood's Chase Thread - 2013

Deck Pic

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it OK if I repost one of your pics here? I can't access twitter at school and want to use one as my wallpaper. I need it here so I can save it.

yeah go for it.

someday i'll actually have time to process my real photos.. ;)

Ha for sure. Actually I am planning on taking next yr off so my girlfriend doesn't kill me.

Reading between the lines....since you already expect to be with her in a year I suppose you are thinking about shopping for rings. If it's an open bar at the reception I expect an invite.

Wish IanWood could have had a chance to beat some sense into the idiot chasers who did some really stupid things in putting themselves in danger in the OKC area tonight. There is some video up of chasers that is Darwin award winning levels of stupid in the storm thread in the Central US forum. 

Can one of you guys explain a little why today got so jacked, and people are saying stuff like this?

Ian touched on it in the mega-thread. While OKC was bullseyed, he and Mark and crew chose to stay away as it is a hard area to safely chase given population etc. Apparently a lot of amatuers put themselves in direct harms way, and then posted some truly amazing video documenting their stupidity. One of them is up for viewing in the Central US forum storm thread. 

Ian touched on it in the mega-thread. While OKC was bullseyed, he and Mark and crew chose to stay away as it is a hard area to safely chase given population etc. Apparently a lot of amatuers put themselves in direct harms way, and then posted some truly amazing video documenting their stupidity. One of them is up for viewing in the Central US forum storm thread.

Ian posted on twitter that chasers were blaming locals for the traffic jams and accidents. You know, cause getting the best video is more important than people fleeing to save their lives!

Ian posted on twitter that chasers were blaming locals for the traffic jams and accidents. You know, cause getting the best video is more important than people fleeing to save their lives!

Kinda was a "perfect storm" of sorts. The fear of the Moore tornado last week, news outlets saying try and get in your car and get out of the way, lone supercell, chaser convergence...........

We busted but were totally vindicated in our choice not to chase near OKC. The problem is a lot of dumb**** people are chasers... Including well knowns. We saw OKC was the target and tried to find another despite knowing we had less chance of a good tor. A field full of psychos who have been blown up into important people for no reason. I'm glad to be a nobody in chasing as not to be too heavily associated. It's a shame for researchers or careful advanced amateurs.

Archived