• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Onward Into Summer 2013

That portion of the line rolling through Clearfield County (specifically north central portion) def looks like it means business. CTP mentioned on Facebook that trees/powerlines being reported down in western Clearfield County. Additionally, that bowed out section that roared through Pittsburgh and is now diving into SW and far southern PA looks like it continues to have straight line wind damage potential as well. 

How's it looking to you right now?

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is a video my son took today of the storm coming through clearfield (sorry its so short but he ran out of memory on his phone)

this looked like a tornado trying to form to us but im not sure as it just fizzled out a few mins later.

Weather radio warning in background is a nice touch. Cool vid. 

Just got back from Rehoboth Beach, DE. Horrible rains yesterday, 6.77 inches. Tons of flooding, people stuck in their cars.

We were in Ocean City that morning and decided to drive to the outlets in Rehoboth during a break in the rain. We got to the outlets and it rained so hard that we couldn't even shop the outlets. Some stores had buckets setting out catching roof leaks. I ran through 6" of water in the parking lot to finally get to our car to go back to OC. Water was across Route 1 northbound as we were heading south. Amazing rainfall and a story our family will not forget!

I doubt it... humidity high enough that it probably limits highs to the mid 90s... 93 is our highest temp so far in 2013

Yeah, humid it is no doubt. This is a good old fashioned summer East Texas week we got here, enjoy my friends.

Meanwhile my parents near Dallas are sitting at 77 and had 1 1/4" rain overnight. Which is good because it was the first raindrop they'd seen in 48 days.

Yeah, humid it is no doubt. This is a good old fashioned summer East Texas week we got here, enjoy my friends.

Meanwhile my parents near Dallas are sitting at 77 and had 1 1/4" rain overnight. Which is good because it was the first raindrop they'd seen in 48 days.

Texas and its neighbors really need the rain.  Major problems in the grain and beef belts.

Texas and its neighbors really need the rain.  Major problems in the grain and beef belts.

Their lakes are all dried up - just like they were two years ago but without the news coverage. They've been fortunate the temps have been well below average so far this summer so fires haven't been a problem. I suspect that worm turns after this weekend though, things look to return to summer there for a while.

Archived