Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Onward Into Summer 2013

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sunset and thunderstorm cloud combination this evening is awesome. 

7th 90° day of the year here, and the warmest at 93°.  Could easily see 5 90+ days in a row this week.

I want to know where the **** the rain magnet is buried around here so I can dig it up and move it. We have vivid lightning and a downpour here.

My tomato plants' new leaves shrivel up as soon as they open. A definite sign of too much water. Not much I can do.

I put fungicide on all my plants last night, counting on a run of 4-5 days of dry and 90+. I might get four now.

****. We really need a week-long dry spell.

I want to know where the **** the rain magnet is buried around here so I can dig it up and move it. We have vivid lightning and a downpour here.

My tomato plants' new leaves shrivel up as soon as they open. A definite sign of too much water. Not much I can do.

I put fungicide on all my plants last night, counting on a run of 4-5 days of dry and 90+. I might get four now.

****. We really need a week-long dry spell.

Yeah I saw that storm last night and figured you weren't too pleased with it.  I was glad nothing hit my garden in State College.

Muggy morning with no wind here. Saw Ft. Indiantown Gap in Lebanon County only dropped to 76...that's pretty impressive considering they are often a colder location in the Susq. Valley.

I'll be interested to see how warm we get just SE of the Allegheny Front tomorrow through Friday...CTP mentioning additional compressional warming thanks to NW winds.  Seems like a good opportunity for UNV to hit the mid-90s for a day or two.

Our Tomato plants are so big, their knocking the wire cages i have around them over. We had to stake our wire cages.

We had to go to the Harrisburg Senators game last night because it was Media day for the Harrisburg RBI 2 baseball teams and Softball team my daughter plays on, man it was just brutal hot there! Stayed 4 innings said screw it, went home swimming.

Yeah I saw that storm last night and figured you weren't too pleased with it.  I was glad nothing hit my garden in State College.

Muggy morning with no wind here. Saw Ft. Indiantown Gap in Lebanon County only dropped to 76...that's pretty impressive considering they are often a colder location in the Susq. Valley.

I'll be interested to see how warm we get just SE of the Allegheny Front tomorrow through Friday...CTP mentioning additional compressional warming thanks to NW winds.  Seems like a good opportunity for UNV to hit the mid-90s for a day or two.

dry weather....hahhahahahahaahahahaha....what's that?

FARTHER WEST AND NORTH...WEAK 150 MB PV

ADVECTION OVER LOWER MICHIGAN IN THE PRESENCE OF 1.75"+ PW IS

INITIATING CONVECTION OVER SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN AND NRN OHIO. SREF 6

HR POPS ACTUALLY PICK UP ON THIS AREA FOR THIS AFTERNOON...

EXTENDING ~60% PROB OF 6HR MEASURABLE PRECIP INTO THE WEST CENTRAL

MOUNTAINS AND LAUREL HIGHLANDS WHERE GOING FORECAST ALREADY

MENTIONED SLIGHT CHC AFTN/EVE THUNDER.

LOOKING UPSTREAM AROUND THE ANTICYCLONIC UPPER LEVEL CIRCULATION...

BELIEVE THE ELONGATED ZONE OF 150MB PV ADVECTION SINKING

SOUTHWARD ACROSS UPSTATE NEW YORK AND NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND WILL BE

THE IMPETUS FOR ISOLATED SHRA/TSRA DROPPING INTO THE FINGERLAKES

AND CATSKILLS THIS AFTERNOON AND INTO NORTHERN PA LATE THIS AFTN

AND EVENING AND PERHAPS SURVIVING INTO THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS BY

00Z. EXPANDED SLGT CHC MENTIONS TO THESE AREAS FOR THIS AFTERNOON

AND EVENING AS A RESULT

This summer: Slight chance = categorical for Centre County. I mean, look at our forecast. 

Our Tomato plants are so big, their knocking the wire cages i have around them over. We had to stake our wire cages.

We had to go to the Harrisburg Senators game last night because it was Media day for the Harrisburg RBI 2 baseball teams and Softball team my daughter plays on, man it was just brutal hot there! Stayed 4 innings said screw it, went home swimming.

Nice! I've learned not to waste time with cages. Most of the varieties I grow get to 5-8'

dry weather....hahhahahahahaahahahaha....what's that?

FARTHER WEST AND NORTH...WEAK 150 MB PV

ADVECTION OVER LOWER MICHIGAN IN THE PRESENCE OF 1.75"+ PW IS

INITIATING CONVECTION OVER SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN AND NRN OHIO. SREF 6

HR POPS ACTUALLY PICK UP ON THIS AREA FOR THIS AFTERNOON...

EXTENDING ~60% PROB OF 6HR MEASURABLE PRECIP INTO THE WEST CENTRAL

MOUNTAINS AND LAUREL HIGHLANDS WHERE GOING FORECAST ALREADY

MENTIONED SLIGHT CHC AFTN/EVE THUNDER.

LOOKING UPSTREAM AROUND THE ANTICYCLONIC UPPER LEVEL CIRCULATION...

BELIEVE THE ELONGATED ZONE OF 150MB PV ADVECTION SINKING

SOUTHWARD ACROSS UPSTATE NEW YORK AND NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND WILL BE

THE IMPETUS FOR ISOLATED SHRA/TSRA DROPPING INTO THE FINGERLAKES

AND CATSKILLS THIS AFTERNOON AND INTO NORTHERN PA LATE THIS AFTN

AND EVENING AND PERHAPS SURVIVING INTO THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS BY

00Z. EXPANDED SLGT CHC MENTIONS TO THESE AREAS FOR THIS AFTERNOON

AND EVENING AS A RESULT

This summer: Slight chance = categorical for Centre County. I mean, look at our forecast. 

Nice! I've learned not to waste time with cages. Most of the varieties I grow get to 5-8'

This is only our 2nd year, so were still learning. Not sure if we'll use them again though.

Jamie, Harrisburg and environs can use the rain you've been getting. We're pretty dry as we missed most all the storms in the past few weeks. So, send some of those showers down this way.

I am sitting at about 2.5" over the last 30 days and about an inch and a half of that came in two quick storms

Have not seen NWS State College make any mention yet but I believe that Harrisburg tied its record high low yesterday at 76 degrees and broke record high low this morning at 79 degrees

post-285-0-53423000-1374148956_thumb.jpg

Jamie, Harrisburg and environs can use the rain you've been getting. We're pretty dry as we missed most all the storms in the past few weeks. So, send some of those showers down this way.

There's no drought worries, though. Stream flows are normal or above in PA and there are no crop issues. You can use the rain, sure, but as the map above shows there are no places in PA that are truly dry and a lot of PA has been quite wet. Not just up here. Also, looking further ahead there's a lot less worry about drought than say 2011.

There's no drought worries, though. Stream flows are normal or above in PA and there are no crop issues. You can use the rain, sure, but as the map above shows there are no places in PA that are truly dry and a lot of PA has been quite wet. Not just up here. Also, looking further ahead there's a lot less worry about drought than say 2011.

And hopefully there's also less worry about a certain other event that happened that year...

I am sitting at about 2.5" over the last 30 days and about an inch and a half of that came in two quick storms

Have not seen NWS State College make any mention yet but I believe that Harrisburg tied its record high low yesterday at 76 degrees and broke record high low this morning at 79 degrees

I had 82 this am at 630..

My niece gets married tomorrow afternoon at 5, outside! Its gonna be brutal. I better start drinking about noon!

Most definitely no drought, just dry. :) My parents need the rain desperately - they did get 1.25" Sunday night into Monday but that's 1" more than they have had since mid April.

did a gust front just push though state college area?  looks like one on radar but of course the airport hasnt reported since 5pm...

interesting to see MDT reporting 82 due to that storm but still 94 here at my house just to the north (now 86 at 8:30)

Most definitely no drought, just dry. :) My parents need the rain desperately - they did get 1.25" Sunday night into Monday but that's 1" more than they have had since mid April.

I really hope the manage something like a tropical system to get them rain.

did a gust front just push though state college area?  looks like one on radar but of course the airport hasnt reported since 5pm...

interesting to see MDT reporting 82 due to that storm but still 94 here at my house just to the north (now 86 at 8:30)

I felt one. It was like AC.

I really hope the manage something like a tropical system to get them rain.

I felt one. It was like AC.

That outflow was great. Dropped us from 91-92 to the low 80s within about 30 minutes and made for a pleasant evening outside.  I think we will break above 95 today, at least down in Bellefonte. Yesterday's high was 94.

Some temp departures this month - with today's not yet accounted for

KMDT +3.6 

KIPT +5.2

KAOO +4.4

KBFD +5.4

KAVP +5.7

MDT now at +4.1 ... overnight lows running high driving it... currently just over 6 degrees above normal with overnight temperatures and daytime highs running closer to 2 degrees above normal... highs were sitting at normal until the 90s of this week bumped it up to 2 above... overnight low of 76 appears to break record highest low for 2nd straight day

MDT now at +4.1 ... overnight lows running high driving it... currently just over 6 degrees above normal with overnight temperatures and daytime highs running closer to 2 degrees above normal... highs were sitting at normal until the 90s of this week bumped it up to 2 above... overnight low of 76 appears to break record highest low for 2nd straight day

Every day this month has had an above normal low. The "coolest" we have been was 62 last Friday, +1. Every other night has been 65 or higher.

Seven - including today now - have had a min of 70+. Probably will make it eight overnight/tomorrow AM.

Archived