Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Onward Into Summer 2013

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious wind and a bit larger than pea sized hail in Harrsburg right now.

Constant hail for a few mins now.[/quote

No power here

1.30" rain in about a half hour

Had a massive wind gust maybe mini-microburst with 1" hail

Hail did some damage to garden

Any reports from the northern side of State College (especially the Houserville area and just west of there)? That one storm has been sitting over the same area for awhile. Doppler estimates up over 1.5" with it. Might have to watch for a flood warning.

Any reports from the northern side of State College (especially the Houserville area and just west of there)? That one storm has been sitting over the same area for awhile. Doppler estimates up over 1.5" with it. Might have to watch for a flood warning.

East of State College is still getting it. Wow.

I measured 2.88 inches from that storm. Have never seen it rain that hard for that long in the 15 years I've lived in Toftrees. A car needed to be towed from in front of the Ale House due to being flooded out and, of course, Fox Hollow was closed - something which is becoming a regular occurrence in spite of minor remedial efforts.

With the Mid-Atlantic softball regionals this weekend I was to busy to post. Friday when that storm rolled in, I was in Lancaster County at a wedding, however we had Marble Size hail in Summerdale, with a variety of trees down at numerous locations, basically the same as what dj and Canderson reported.  Our FD was one of the companies at the tank fire in Hampden Township. We are on the Cumberland County Foam Task Force and one of the largest suppliers of foam and foam appliances in the region.

Archived