Why would CTP put this out?

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA
442 AM EDT FRI JUL 5 2013

PAZ036-056>059-063>066-060845-
FRANKLIN-PERRY-DAUPHIN-SCHUYLKILL-LEBANON-CUMBERLAND-ADAMS-YORK-
LANCASTER-
442 AM EDT FRI JUL 5 2013

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

THE PROBABILITY OF WIDESPREAD HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS LOW.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.

THE PROBABILITY OF WIDESPREAD HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS LOW.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

$$

In State College for the weekend. Got a good glimpse from Lemont of one of those storms cells to the west around dusk tonight. Some nice cloud-to-cloud flashes. I think it may have been the warned cell out by DuBois. Don't remember too many setups like this when I was in school here allowing for good viewing of storm structure at such a distance. Usually it's squall lines where blow-off turns the sky overcast well ahead of any storms. 

I'm not sure where this question should go so I'll ask here. Former WGAL meteorologist Drew Anderson left his t.v. gig to work off air or so I thought. Now I see him working for the local Fox affiliate. Did his off air gig go belly up or did he go from WGAL straight to WPMT or was this a fill in job because of the July 4th week?

what did we see in Altoona/Holidaysburg so far? And how bad you getting it in the Centre Region as well as Lewistown/Huntington/Chambersburg? interesting squall-line/expanding bow propogating east and northeastwards here.

Some briefly heavy rain here just east of downtown State College...quite a bit of CG lightning. Winds not overly impressive. 

Some briefly heavy rain here just east of downtown State College...quite a bit of CG lightning. Winds not overly impressive. 

ok, good to know. looks like the southern end's been gusted out in the southern mountains. but that cluster from Millersburg to Lock Haven is holding up. it'll be interesting to see how well it holds up as it moves towards Sunbury/WIllamsport, then to Dushore/Berwick/Bloomsburg/Hazleton/Pottsville.

ok, good to know. looks like the southern end's been gusted out in the southern mountains. but that cluster from Millersburg to Lock Haven is holding up. it'll be interesting to see how well it holds up as it moves towards Sunbury/WIllamsport, then to Dushore/Berwick/Bloomsburg/Hazleton/Pottsville.

We got some 50mph gusts out of the storm. My digital rain gauge is showing 1.22" which isn't real accurate in downpours. "Still raining"

Will check the manual gauge after it is done.

Edit: temp went from 90 to 69.

Edit: 1.18" in the manual gauge from the storm.

Appearances are deceiving. I looked like we were about to get rocked per this image, but it rolled through with no lightning at all, minimal winds, and so far only 0.11" in the gauge. Per radar it looks like the line broke apart as it was heading toward the I-81 corridor.

post-317-0-81176300-1373236163_thumb.jpg

Got .55 from a storm today, missed the downpour that drenched State College. Really remarkable how wet it's been this summer so far here.

I have a rain gauge set up at my garden plot southeast of Beaver Stadium.  1.5" there yesterday.  

MDT reported just over .75" in just 20 minutes with a 47 mph gust from the storm that passed through between 1:30-2pm

I was walking from El Sol to my office at Front and Locust during that. With no umbrella because it was completely sunny when I left and I didn't realize it could rain this soon.

Needless to say I'm dripping wet.

Looks like they reduced our threat for strong storms later. West of us however is still in the threat.

it doesnt look like the storms with the severe potential will move this far east until well after sunset so that is probably what will end the sever threat this way

From Jesse Ferrel of AccuWeather, this is sort of crazy: 

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107039790829132730218/posts/QMs6PBibvjQ

Wow...seriously impressive.  Looks like Friday will be the first day without any part of PA under the general risk.

Was talking with a friend in Pittsburgh this morning, she said it was a wild one there with hours of heavy rain and lightning and thunder.

Wow...seriously impressive.  Looks like Friday will be the first day without any part of PA under the general risk.

Was talking with a friend in Pittsburgh this morning, she said it was a wild one there with hours of heavy rain and lightning and thunder.

This list of closed roads is crazy: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sectionfront/local/state-routes-closed-because-of-flooding-per-penndot-694896/

THat radar looks nuts for us right now.

This list of closed roads is crazy: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sectionfront/local/state-routes-closed-because-of-flooding-per-penndot-694896/

THat radar looks nuts for us right now.

That portion of the line rolling through Clearfield County (specifically north central portion) def looks like it means business. CTP mentioned on Facebook that trees/powerlines being reported down in western Clearfield County. Additionally, that bowed out section that roared through Pittsburgh and is now diving into SW and far southern PA looks like it continues to have straight line wind damage potential as well. 

Archived