Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Onward Into Summer 2013

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my brother, who lives in Manchester in York County, emailed me and said how brown his grass is and how these storms are very hit and miss and wondered when a drought watch will be issued. I said to him he obviously lives in the only area in PA to not get heavy rain and he was skeptical, lol. 

So my brother, who lives in Manchester in York County, emailed me and said how brown his grass is and how these storms are very hit and miss and wondered when a drought watch will be issued. I said to him he obviously lives in the only area in PA to not get heavy rain and he was skeptical, lol. 

3 mile island (10 miles north of manchester) has an unofficial 13.82 inches for the year, dover, PA (9 miles west) has an unofficial 19.16 inches for the year.

I'm surprised to hear that out of York County. You better tell him not to play the lottery anytime soon. :)

I'm surprised to hear that out of York County. You better tell him not to play the lottery anytime soon. :)

3 mile island (10 miles north of manchester) has an unofficial 13.82 inches for the year, dover, PA (9 miles west) has an unofficial 19.16 inches for the year.

Well, he does do this every year, and every year, like clockwork, if he doesn't think it's going to rain and there will be a terrible drought it rains. In 2011, he really thought there would be a drought and that any rain was hit or miss...and then we had some of PA's worst flooding in history.

There's got to be a pretty big discrepancy in Harrisburg and MDT numbers, too. Blizzard, out in Linglestown, has probably a pretty big dropoff from the city itself in the past few weeks.

It's a weird pattern, ready for it to leave (though it's helped keep the temps bearable)

There's got to be a pretty big discrepancy in Harrisburg and MDT numbers, too. Blizzard, out in Linglestown, has probably a pretty big dropoff from the city itself in the past few weeks.

It's a weird pattern, ready for it to leave (though it's helped keep the temps bearable)

wanna talk about discrepancy, the other night it poured in our backyard and the sun was out in the front of the house........which is ok, the garden is out back!

My son works for the railroad. He is currently up at Beech-creek trying to rebuild the tracks. He said the destruction is unreal. People he has talked to said they got 5" of rain in an hour. Anyone confirm that?

I'm from that area, and we once (1982 I believe) got 6" in 80 minutes.  It's actually scary to see it rain that hard for that long.  Only seen storms like that happen twice in my life, and am okay not to see it again.  It's like being under a waterfall.  The flash flooding both times was horrendous. 

wanna talk about discrepancy, the other night it poured in our backyard and the sun was out in the front of the house........which is ok, the garden is out back!

Yesterday we stopped by Wegmans quickly; when we went in it was raining there and not at Target. When we came out it was not raining at Wegmans but was at that Mexican place right down the Pike. We walked over to Target and it hadn't ever rained a drop. Probably 60 yards separate the stores. Crazy stuff.

yeah, i think Millersville had almost 2 1/2" yesterday.

Weird, MU's data doesn't have anything recorded for the 30th and only 0.01" for the 1st.

My mom lives in centerville and she said it absolutely poured around 3-4 am. I recorded 1.5" at the same time, although I'm a decent distance away.

From PEMA:

"PEMA reports that a Norfolk Southern Propane rail car caught fire at 55 Maibach Lane in Mount Joy Township, Lancaster County. The rail car is holding 180,000 gallons of fuel and is fully engulfed in flames. There are exposure and explosion concerns. There is an evacuation of an unknown radius beginning at this time. 

Please stay away from the area of Rt 230 east of between Rt 283 and Mount Joy Boro line."

Weird, MU's data doesn't have anything recorded for the 30th and only 0.01" for the 1st.

My mom lives in centerville and she said it absolutely poured around 3-4 am. I recorded 1.5" at the same time, although I'm a decent distance away.

I got my info from ABC27 news last evening. and the areas around M-Ville had similar reports.

Archived