Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

im pretty sure round 2 is going to produce more then a half inch

Light Snow Fog/Mist    :snowing:   
Rain and sleet before noon, then rain and snow. Patchy fog before noon. High near 35. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need 5.5" in rd2 for 100" on the season

Going into this system, I needed 30.5".  GC for the loss.  If I can total 11, I might be near seasonal average.  In spite of that, just sucky given how close so many opportunities were to be above.  And--I imight not get the 11", though it looks like I have picked up another inch since my last measurement.

About 2.5" now with mod snow, temp still low 20s, steady light N wind covering the woodpile at that end of the (roofed) porch. Broom snow on 3/19, like.

Chuckled a bit at the snowfall report map, because of the 2-4" blob way north of where it should be. GYX public report included a 6:40 obs of 3.0" at Wilton, 2 towns west of MBY where I had 0.4" at 7. No one else in the area had more than 1" by 7, makes me wonder if that 3" report came from under the eaves of a metal roof.

I know nothing about tweeting, so please tell me what that sequence of characters means?   What is "RT"?  Why 3 "@" symbols? 

@ means a mention, every time you want to mention someone on twitter you write @abcdefg (in that case, those 3 people were tagged. RT means re-tweet, kinda like a FWD, mostly to let people know you're replying to a specific tweet or just to quote someone.

Archived