joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Rolling Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short term looks good. My point and click has high temps north of 50 for six straight days beginning tomorrow. Sunday looks to be a great day to get outside. I think temps will bust high, so my forecasted high of 57 will probably be 59-61, which will be perfect for the first day of DST.

Driving into work this morning on 50 I noticed lots of daffodils in bloom. Only 23 days til Easter......34 days til the Masters. Spring is right around the corner.

Less than a month until April.

:D

If our Ospreys know something we don't, stick a fork in the winter of 12/13. They're arriving 10-14 days earlier than usual. They've already been spotted in Pasadena (2/25/13) and the Rt. 50/301 Chester area (3/5/13.)

While interestingly enough, the Ospreys who call Jamaica Bay, NY their summer home, delayed the start of their migration by 12 days....

Things that make ya go, hmmmm.

dsc0324-1-3-5-13.jpg?w=500&h=375

http://bayphotosbydonna.com/2013/03/05/osprey-sighting-rt-50301-grasonville-maryland/

DT is claiming Euro victory in the SNE snow   :lmao:

Up is down, black is white, rain is snow.  

I have Amwx to thank for introducing me to the spectacle that is DT. Desperate need to be right is really sad...trying to defend his credibility I guess but does exactly the opposite. Needs to look up "science" in the dictionary.

snow shower. 33F.

After my brief snow shower this morning, that means Clarksburg has had snow falling out of the sky for 6 of the first 8 days of March. Normally, that would make me happy....

Edited to add: it's windy. 23mph from the NW with a gust to 39mph in the last hour. I went for a run at lunchtime and the return part of the run heading north took 30% longer than the going out part heading south.

After my brief snow shower this morning, that means Clarksburg has had snow falling out of the sky for 6 of the first 8 days of March. Normally, that would make me happy....

Edited to add: it's windy. 23mph from the NW with a gust to 39mph in the last hour. I went for a run at lunchtime and the return part of the run heading north took 30% longer than the going out part heading south.

I've had a "T" minimum since 2/27/12, ten straight days. Like you said, ten days of snow falling from sky usually makes you happy....

Drove up to airport this afternoon (KHSP) it's only a 6 mile as the crow flies trip (20 in a car). They still had 14+ on the ground up there, and many up in Bath County still out of power. All my 5+ disappeared by noon today, from 2000' up there still is a good amount of snow on ground here. Nothing has fallen today, streak will end at 10 unless a miracle happens.

Impossible. Euro didn't prog that. Must be some sort of reporting error.

I find it amusing how the Euro gets "dissed" in this subforum. I dont know, maybe its its because of DT and his claim that its vastly superior(which to be objective about it, it is). I did some browsing in the NE subforum, and they talk about how the Euro performed much better than the GFS and NAM for up there, and that most mets didnt buy into the amount of qpf the Euro was showing, and that was a major reason for the forecast bust. Other than the GFS sniffing out the general idea of NE getting snow before the other models, the Euro had better placement of the low, overall qpf field, and heavy snow area here, and apparently up there as well. And I dont see how anyone can argue the Euro owns the GFS in most cases in the medium and long range.

I find it amusing how the Euro gets "dissed" in this subforum. I dont know, maybe its its because of DT and his claim that its vastly superior(which to be objective about it, it is). I did some browsing in the NE subforum, and they talk about how the Euro performed much better than the GFS and NAM for up there, and that most mets didnt buy into the amount of qpf the Euro was showing, and that was a major reason for the forecast bust. Other than the GFS sniffing out the general idea of NE getting snow before the other models, the Euro had better placement of the low, overall qpf field, and heavy snow area here, and apparently up there as well. And I dont see how anyone can argue the Euro owns the GFS in most cases in the medium and long range.

I don't think anyone's arguing the Euro is the superior model.  We're arguing the idea that the GFS is some sort of joke.  Overall, the GFS forecasted this storm better.  Doesn't mean the Euro is bad, just that it got beat for one storm.  I'm not sure why that's a stain on King Euro's honor.  I don't see why it can't be admitted (by DT and other Euro lovers). 

I don't think anyone's arguing the Euro is the superior model.  We're arguing the idea that the GFS is some sort of joke.  Overall, the GFS forecasted this storm better.  Doesn't mean the Euro is bad, just that it got beat for one storm.  I'm not sure why that's a stain on King Euro's honor.  I don't see why it can't be admitted (by DT and other Euro lovers). 

I guess that is where there is some disagreement...the performance wrt this storm. Other than this subforum, most seem to be of the opinion the Euro did a better job. And no the GFS is not a useless POS, DT (and others) go a bit too far with that talk. The GFS also performed decently for this storm. I dont think any one model "nailed it", so any post storm analysis/ grading is somewhat subjective. 

I think I would give up an 8" storm for a month of weather like today; mid 50's with a slight breeze, brilliant sunshine, and a few whispy clouds. I worked outside for a couple of hours with just a sweatshirt and didn't break sweat. Now sitting here in the warm sunshine is so relaxing. Yep, I would sacrifice an 8"'snow for a fall or spring month like today.

I think I would give up an 8" storm for a month of weather like today; mid 50's with a slight breeze, brilliant sunshine, and a few whispy clouds. I worked outside for a couple of hours with just a sweatshirt and didn't break sweat. Now sitting here in the warm sunshine is so relaxing. Yep, I would sacrifice an 8"'snow for a fall or spring month like today.

blashpemy. I would sacrifice my youngest for snow.

Your a moron

Archived