CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March Rolling Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally saw Comet Pan-STARRS tonight!  Was just barely naked-eye visible once I found it in my binoculars. 

Tried Tuesday night, we climbed up to the top of a big mound where they're building a new development at the intersection of 32 and Cedar Lane.  Never saw it through binoculars but there was a german guy there with a nice camera and you could pick it out on the longer exposures.  Might try again tonight.

Tried Tuesday night, we climbed up to the top of a big mound where they're building a new development at the intersection of 32 and Cedar Lane.  Never saw it through binoculars but there was a german guy there with a nice camera and you could pick it out on the longer exposures.  Might try again tonight.

Last night was my 3rd try.  I tried Tuesday night as well but couldn't find it.  I finally walked around my neighborhood enough to find a decent spot (although it overlooks an intersection) where I can see the horizon with a minimum of obstructions.  Wasn't worth hauling my telescope to that spot to try and get a picture.  Should be slightly higher in the sky each night going forward, but probably will get dimmer as well.  

Last night was my 3rd try.  I tried Tuesday night as well but couldn't find it.  I finally walked around my neighborhood enough to find a decent spot (although it overlooks an intersection) where I can see the horizon with a minimum of obstructions.  Wasn't worth hauling my telescope to that spot to try and get a picture.  Should be slightly higher in the sky each night going forward, but probably will get dimmer as well.  

Yeah, I was thinking of bringing my telescope as well but where we went was very muddy and that's all I need...

Climo is awful post 3/15, even at IAD.

I'm still scratching my head why the 6 weeks prior ended up being a snow disaster. I never expected a big winter once the nino died. I don't think anybody was. I'm beginning to hate the words "pattern" and "potential". How we walked away with a virtual shutout in the cities is baffling. And disgusting. Absolute battery acid and vinegar soaked lemon pills.

Archived