Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March Rolling Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, I don't want anything less than 6". The 4" I got two weeks ago was depressing enough. Those snowfalls are great when it is Dec-Feb and they might stick around, but when it is melting before it has even finished snowing? Tragic.

You are greedy, i would take 4" that melted 12 minutes later at this point after the over 2 year horror show here. I would love an inch that will actually stick on the streets.

At this point, I don't want anything less than 6". The 4" I got two weeks ago was depressing enough. Those snowfalls are great when it is Dec-Feb and they might stick around, but when it is melting before it has even finished snowing? Tragic.

Good luck with that ;)

for Vienna

3/22/43 - 6.0"

3/19-21/58 - 13.3"

3/24-25/90 - 5.5"

Maybe we should be watching tomorrow night more closely? 6z GFS gives us all T-1".  No issue on temps whatsoever, 850s are ice cold and surface is below freezing.  

Correct. Maybe a surprise coating in the morning. But that really isn't enough to cut it around these parts this late in the "season".

Correct. Maybe a surprise coating in the morning. But that really isn't enough to cut it around these parts this late in the "season".

12z GFS is all over the Wednesday night flizzy-secs.  850s -10C and surface below freezing.  I'm thinking 20-25:1 ratios, so a solid 1-2" and it's the storm-of-the-year for MBY.  :snowman:  

Record low AO today (see Don's posts in the main forum) and all we're probably going to show for it is one -10F day tomorrow.  Focus for the big negative anomalies so far this month have been the Midwest and Southeast.  Northeast is actually above normal.  

It's full of people trolling.  Or people who really do care and are embarassed that they're tracking ghoststorms at the end of March, so they pretend to be joking around.

And then there's winterwxluvr.  He's dead serious.

This is a pretty  anomalous pattern and it is only 3/20...this pattern can be productive for the WVclimos and even JI....

This is a pretty anomalous pattern and it is only 3/20...this pattern can be productive for the WVclimos and even JI....

Definitely an anomaly, but I think it's really reaching to expect anything worthwhile at this point. I know it *can* happen, but I think we all know how it'll play out, especially within, say 40-50 miles of 95.

I see CWG is going to perpetuate the idea or at least refrain from disavowing it; that our -1 March is uber cold and unfair while our +10 last year that was the warmest on record is really what spring is all about....

All the locals are whining a lot. Monday was cold and tomorrow will be cold but other than that its not awful.

in a couple of weeks when a boring spring pattern sets in this place will be crickets, cobwebs, and tumbleweeds.

True there's just a whole lot of banter in there. Maybe make this the analysis thread?

Archived