Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March Rolling Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the locals are whining a lot. Monday was cold and tomorrow will be cold but other than that its not awful.

I've turned on CWG facebook fans based on their 3/6 reaction...I think they are some of the most annoying stupidest people in the world....If I were writing for CWG, I'd go all DT on them....they have turned on CWG....no reason to try and please them anymore

I've turned on CWG facebook fans based on their 3/6 reaction...I think they are some of the most annoying stupidest people in the world....If I were writing for CWG, I'd go all DT on them....they have turned on CWG....no reason to try and please them anymore

Facebook is full of morons. I guess it's just a slice of the real world but I never expect anything meaningful in comments there. But yeah the reaction to the bust was pretty annoying. People somehow don't realize that wx forecaster are right like 85% of the time.

Well, do we really want this subforum turning into one dominated by a couple of irritating phrases for every single winter from now on?

"wintry appeal" "we toss" "days and days of snow" etc.

Hey those little catch phrases give this place it's charm. Builds a sense of camaraderie against the unknown and sometimes evil intentions of the atmosphere.

Well, do we really want this subforum turning into one dominated by a couple of irritating phrases for every single winter from now on?

"wintry appeal" "we toss" "days and days of snow" etc.

I think there has been some harmless tongue in cheek lately. Which bothers some more than others. My biggest issue is that people think we are all in it together when there is such a severe elevation/location gradient this time of year. I've tried to emphasize the difference in climo between say 1000' in Fredrick county and DC proper but nobody wants to hear it. This can be a productive pattern for those far west with elevation so it is worth discussing in that context if you are a fan of snow somewhere.

I think there has been some harmless tongue in cheek lately. Which bothers some more than others. My biggest issue is that people think we are all in it together when there is such a severe elevation/location gradient this time of year. I've tried to emphasize the difference in climo between say 1000' in Fredrick county and DC proper but nobody wants to hear it. This can be a productive pattern for those far west with elevation so it is worth discussing in that context if you are a fan of snow somewhere.

First - yes, definitely.  Some act as if this board were a place to post the latest data from their own private meteorological research laboratory.  These people hate fun and they hate seeing anybody having any of it.

Second - There has been a great deal of difference this year in locations.  This has definitely been an elevation dependent season.  And, yes, the climo suggests that that is usually the case.  It isn't always the case though.  Those of us out here have really wanted to see you guys get a good snow.  Problem is, we don't control the weather.  You've been the best poster all winter in my opinion.  Even though you've had a ton of bad luck, you've always demonstrated that you are a fan of snow, even if it's not outside your window.  Your luck won't stay rotten forever.  It may not change now since we are so late in the year, but sooner or later it will.

I get where you're coming from when you say this.  This time of year with snow, I'm 100% IMBY though.  Great for Winchester, etc if they get snow in this pattern.  I'd rather seasonal temperatures, not mid 40s and windy.

I get where you're coming from when you say this.  This time of year with snow, I'm 100% IMBY though.  Great for Winchester, etc if they get snow in this pattern.  I'd rather seasonal temperatures, not mid 40s and windy.

I guess you could click your heels 3 times and hope the mega block disappears? ;)

Agreed except that severe weenies are 10 times worse, must be why there are so few of them because you have to actually be insane to be one ;) .

We almost never track systems from so far out and expectations are much lower.. That alone is a huge difference. Plus tstorms tend to produce even if you miss the svr.

We almost never track systems from so far out and expectations are much lower.. That alone is a huge difference. Plus tstorms tend to produce even if you miss the svr.

You are forgetting all the DC split cases where we get little.  If a severe storm occurs in La Plata and you live in DC, is that one worth watching?  Of course I'm an avowed snow weenie though by March, I'm usually not that interested. 

Good point, probably because you have some many more chances than snow weenies plus even when you miss out you don't really miss out. Plus your period for action is much longer as well.

You are forgetting all the DC split cases where we get little.  If a severe storm occurs in La Plata and you live in DC, is that one worth watching?  Of course I'm an avowed snow weenie though by March, I'm usually not that interested. 

Oh cut it out you know if we had a chance to get 6" , you would be on it like white on rice :snowing: .

You are forgetting all the DC split cases where we get little. If a severe storm occurs in La Plata and you live in DC, is that one worth watching? Of course I'm an avowed snow weenie though by March, I'm usually not that interested.

True tho I think that's gotta be an expectation going in. I love convection. It's perhaps the most awesome wx phenomenon and maybe the trickiest to forecast in advance.

It is a double standard for me I suppose. I have little major interest in tracking an anomalous late season storm that will give me crud or rain especially if it gives people snow close by. Ill still peek for the off chance of something better for me but we get enough cold rain in Feb I don't need more at the end of March.

I'm totally cool with ppl discussing whatever to their hearts content. My problems are more along the lines of why the analysis thread is full of junk commentary after pretending all winter that we wanted to have a banter thread for that stuff. We've never been consistent though..

True tho I think that's gotta be an expectation going in. I love convection. It's perhaps the most awesome wx phenomenon and maybe the trickiest to forecast in advance.

It is a double standard for me I suppose. I have little major interest in tracking an anomalous late season storm that will give me crud or rain especially if it gives people snow close by. Ill still peek for the off chance of something better for me but we get enough cold rain in Feb I don't need more at the end of March.

I'm totally cool with ppl discussing whatever to their hearts content. My problems are more along the lines of why the analysis thread is full of junk commentary after pretending all winter that we wanted to have a banter thread for that stuff. We've never been consistent though..

It is just so rough to contain yourself when your not getting any snow and there is nothing really to talk about except the fact that the most recent model run screwed you again.

It is just so rough to contain yourself when your not getting any snow and there is nothing really to talk about except the fact that the most recent model run screwed you again.

Which is why I haven't done anything about it.

Oh yeah, I am cashing in huge. Its been one big snow-gasm up here. Good grief.

I never said that dude, you have to chill out. I was just saying you have more than him. I get your frustration, Matt has 3" and he has flown off the handle many times this winter.

Archived