• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Rolling Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

I think I would give up an 8" storm for a month of weather like today; mid 50's with a slight breeze, brilliant sunshine, and a few whispy clouds. I worked outside for a couple of hours with just a sweatshirt and didn't break sweat. Now sitting here in the warm sunshine is so relaxing. Yep, I would sacrifice an 8"'snow for a fall or spring month like today.

Days like this are great, but a dime a dozen compared to getting a major snowstorm in this area.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol! I know...Actually I'm a true snow weenie, it's just that after the latest snow debacle I'm numb to any snow joy. Today came along and was so awesome that I Got carried away.

As long as you're all in and are willing to liquidate your kids college fund and take a 3rd and 4th mortgage on your house to get snow you will be forgiven for your psychotic break today

As long as you're all in and are willing to liquidate your kids college fund and take a 3rd and 4th mortgage on your house to get snow you will be forgiven for your psychotic break today

ROALMAO...I am a sinner and am not worthy...please forgive my transgression.

So with DST starting tonight, you will have to stay up an hour later, until between 2-2:30, for the Euro starting with the 0z 3/11 run to track our apparent day 7/8 threat. Of course you could always set your alarm for 2am. Doing either of those things is *probably* indicative of an unhealthy snow obsession, but I'm probably going to do one or the other ;) (assuming this "threat" remains somewhat legit over the next few days).

Absolutely beautiful day out today. The entire family did an almost 2 mile walk. Got my garden beds ready also.

I was nice...I think it was especially nice in light of the recent noquester storm. Perhaps it has to do with extremes...

This happens here and there which you ib

I ib?

I know you guys want to see snow. I don't at this pt... Sorry.

Know it 'can' happen but we will be past last avg snow even at Dulles by the next window.

DCA has like one 2" storm back to 1980 past the 15th.

Clear blue skies this morning gave way to cloudiness. Looking at the satellite, it seems I've been placed underneath a small area of clouds that just won't burn off.  :fulltilt: Expected high into the upper 60's forecasted. Only 51.2* currently.

I ib?

I know you guys want to see snow. I don't at this pt... Sorry.

Know it 'can' happen but we will be past last avg snow even at Dulles by the next window.

DCA has like one 2" storm back to 1980 past the 15th.

I know you want to see severe, but I do not want to see any at all.... sorry :P . Plus you are way outnumbered here, you should probably start a severe board.

I don't think anyone's arguing the Euro is the superior model.  We're arguing the idea that the GFS is some sort of joke.  Overall, the GFS forecasted this storm better.  Doesn't mean the Euro is bad, just that it got beat for one storm.  I'm not sure why that's a stain on King Euro's honor.  I don't see why it can't be admitted (by DT and other Euro lovers). 

I thought the euro handled this better there?

Archived