Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
What is your itinerary for this storm?

Deck Pic

Monday

8pm-1:30pm

Watch models. Banter. Try to make a good post here and there. Try not to melt down or be mean.

Tuesday

7:30-5:00 Awake around 7:30. Look at 6z models. Go to work and model watch and banter all day and try to get some work done. Have lunch at 12:30 so will miss euro until I get back.

6:00-? Head home, track storm. Watch storm. Pray. Hope it is snowing.

Wednesday

1am-7am. Sleep some potion of this time depending on conditions. Probably no more than 3 hours straight.

7am-?? Go to work at Mcpherson Square even if fed is shut down so I can get the hell out of Death Valley. "Work". Gauge my departure time based on conditions and metro. Sometime between 10 and 1 head to tenleytown and oscillate between a coffee shop with wifi and Fort Reno/Wilson HS until early evening. Then to Ian's. And then crash at Ian's or get a hotel room. An then frolic in the paste until it melts by mid afternoon.

Watch models till my eyes bleed LCD. Sleep less than I have since last week sometime and its already bad.

Work a full day tomorrow with frequent browsing. Drive home around 6. Get wifey and me some of our favorite liquor on way.

Stay up late watching models, radar, and the window. Drink modestly and enjoy the onset and suspense. Sleep with blinds open for hourly obs.

Pretty much goof off all day wednesday with the kids and wife while staring at radar and windows. Go sledding, shovel snow, and act like a kid.

Go to sleep when the last return crosses the bay. Sleep 12 hours. Wake up and laugh at my weird ass hobby and weenie out to blue sky, snow, and coffee.

LOL. 

Tuesday- Wake up at 5:30 am, check last page of posts on my phone and then get ready for work.

7:30-9:00- teach 1st Period Physics-- first day of new unit so can't really check the board until they're in the midst of their Ohm's Law Lab at 8:15.

9:00-11:30- grading and frequent breaks to check the board/models/coolwx/everything else. Give coworkers updates, always hedging and explaining how percents work out better than deterministic forecasts.

11:30-2:10- continuous lessons with no time to check anything until 1:15- just in time to read the posts about the Euro. 

Home at 3:30- parked in front of laptop with martinis already shaken. Calling SO to update on what he should do about his flight Wednesday night out of NC back to DC.

3:30- 11 pm-  Read posts, sip drink, eat dinner, read posts, sip drinks, fall asleep from exhaustion.

Wednesday- 5:30 am- roll over, check phone, and see that MCPS is closed. Sleep for 2 more hours. Wake up and then decide whether to drive out to friend's place in Germantown or stay put based on 8" threshold.... then it all happens. 

Tues:  Post as many soundings showing rain as possible

Tonight:  Go to bed super-early, let the dog wake me up at 3am when he wants to get on the bed

Wed:  Stay at home, watch it (hopefully) snow all day.  Play with dog in snow.  Take 6 hourly snowboard measurements.  Update obs obnoxiously in obs thread.

Tonight:  Go to bed super-early, let the dog wake me up at 3am when he wants to get on the bed

Wed:  Stay at home, watch it (hopefully) snow all day.  Play with dog in snow.  Take 6 hourly snowboard measurements.  Update obs obnoxiously in obs thread.

:lmao:

I want dewpoint and wind direction updates every 10 minutes preferably.  

Got permission from my COTR to work from home Wednesday. I look forward to shoveling the driveway and maybe take a JebWalk to Starbucks nearby. (corner of Braddock & Little River Tpk).

PS: I'm hoping that Annandale gets some epic banding to raise totals to 10" :snowing:

Yesterday: Obsessively read Amwx and look at models while attempting to work. Hit the grocery store in eve. Note there are no hordes and bread supplies undepleted. Hurry home to obsessively read Amwx and look at models. Lie awake at 2 a.m. while model images project themselves on my inner eyelids and hellishly swirl together.

Tuesday: Freak out about how much work I have to do, but more importantly, will I have enough time to obsessively read Amwx and look at models and radar. Try to go to bed early and fail. Stare out windows. Study raindrops closely. Temper weenie excitement with zen attitude/gratitude for any snow. 

Wednesday/Th: Obsessively watch all of the above. Try not to make bad posts but probably fail. Enjoy whatever snow falls!! Jebwalks as indicated.

Tues: Post as many soundings showing rain as possible

Wed: Play with dog in snow.

lol

Somehow I missed this thread till now.

My dog still hasn't seen a real snow. I bet he will freak when he does.

White Grass is reporting 28" at 4300' this morning what is the depth down in the low lands of Davis?

Certainly a strong finish for all of the WV ski resorts. Making up for last year.

White Grass is reporting 28" at 4300' this morning what is the depth down in the low lands of Davis?

Certainly a strong finish for all of the WV ski resorts. Making up for last year.

Its compacted a bit, I'm guessing around 15".  It drops to just a couple inches on the ground here in Oakland at work.

Its compacted a bit, I'm guessing around 15".  It drops to just a couple inches on the ground here in Oakland at work.

It is always fun to get a big snow over a snow pack. Awesome out there for sure

Will work from home tomorrow and then my post storm activity may just be a ski day out there.

My little one will certainly be off school Thursday and we both could use the practice.

Tues - drive from Richmond to NOVA; spend time with wife and kids; watch as 18z and 0z NAM/GFS trend colder and wetter; read Banter Thread posts about how old guard can't stand all of the posts from DCAlexandria and other short-timers

Wed - telecommute, assuming power remains intact; take occasional breaks to shovel expected 16-20 inches of snow

Thurs - telecommute; struggle to move my pain-ridden body and curse snow and winter; scope out options to move south

Wake up and hear the kids yell MOMMY THERE IS SNOW OUTSIDE, MOMMY IT SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!
Catch up on some much needed outdoor playtime, sleds are all ready to go.
Enjoy that my husband gets to probably spend the day home with us.
Drink an unspecified amount of hot chocolate... (crap forgot the marshmallows and am not going back to the stores tonight.)

Work on the kids science fair projects
As for the rest eh not quite sure but will enjoy it.

Wake up and hear the kids yell "MOMMY THERE IS SNOW OUTSIDE, MOMMY IT SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!"

Catch up on some much needed outdoor playtime, sleds are all ready to go.

Enjoy that my husband gets to probably spend the day home with us.

Drink an unspecified amount of hot chocolate... (crap forgot the marshmallows and am not going back to the stores tonight.)

As for the rest eh not quite sure but will enjoy it.

Ummm, you need to get those marshmallows. :lmao:

Archived