joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris87 suggested we should put even less weight into clown maps than what little we do now.  With the UVVs, frontogenesis, and possible convective banding that's going to be happening somewhere, the snowfall accumulation map could get crazy and highly variable over short distances.  

That sharp cutoff in Frederick County scares me.  Obviously rooting for a north trend along with most everybody else around here.

I'm with you. I'm probably in an even worse spot than you are if this doesn't come north a bit.

Chris87 suggested we should put even less weight into clown maps than what little we do now.  With the UVVs, frontogenesis, and possible convective banding that's going to be happening somewhere, the snowfall accumulation map could get crazy and highly variable over short distances.  

I never take those things seriously, but its fun to look at

Someone is going to be in the pivot sweet spot too. That won't be nailed down till it's happening but wow. Just wow. I can hear the thunder already. 

Someone is going to be in the pivot sweet spot too. That won't be nailed down till it's happening but wow. Just wow. I can hear the thunder already. 

Id LOVE thundersnow... I missed out during the Jan 2011 storm

Sorry, but Ray's post adds nothing to the discussion.  The sharp gradient has been one of the primary focal points of the discussion here for 4 days...Maybe next Ray can tell us there might be precip issues at the lower elevations or that the euro is south of other guidance

You have been cranky.

Clown maps should be illegal.

Archived