joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep...but please keep posting...your posts are always welcome as are others...Note that I never popped in the SNE forum on February 8th and stated the obvious

You're always welcome to post..you know that. Just giving some thoughts, that's all. Not hoping you get jackpotted or screwed. I had to make an outlook for the DC area yesterday so I had some interests there. I'm off for a few days, but good luck there.

You're always welcome to post..you know that. Just giving some thoughts, that's all. Not hoping you get jackpotted or screwed. I had to make an outlook for the DC area yesterday so I had some interests there. I'm off for a few days, but good luck there.

you misinterpreted my post...We WANT you to post as much as possible...along with most of the other mets

Thank you for your posts.

It's nice having an unbiased opinion from someone out of the way of the storm.  I think many of your posts in for this storm have been the most helpful in analyzing the models and deciding where this storm will end up dumping a ton of snow.

12Z NAM snow maps are odd.... Maybe it's seeing warmth? Doesn't make sense, not showing much at all for accumulations nor anything close to the craziness it was showing yesterday.

stick to QPF and soundings....

Does anyone have the sounding for KMTN?

Go to twisterdata.com and click on "GFS" or "NAM" at the top.  Then you can click on your location on the map that comes up and it'll give you a sounding.  You can drag the cursor around the map to get as close to MTN as possible. 

I asked yesterday, but not sure I ever got a response. Does anyone know what the March snowfall record is for DCA. I had thought DCA got a foot in the Blizzard of 93, but someone said DCA only recorded 6.6. According to this on LWX website, it looks like 8 inches may be the record, but not sure. 

lhttp://www.erh.noaa.gov/lwx/winter/storm-pr.htm#OtherSnowfall

Check out Ian's article for the Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/march-snow-in-washington-dc-benchmarks-for-snowquester-potentially-similar-seasons/2013/03/04/e72f52b6-848b-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394_blog.html

DT is raging on me and my friend on Facebook, we're both met students at Penn State and we're laughing so hard at him right now.

I've visited his page before and felt the urge to take a shower afterwards.  I'm sure he's got skills, but he's also sloppy and lacks customer service skills.  

Archived