gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part II

free_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God that is close for BOS... that thermal profile is very borderline, especially the second half of that storm on the GFS. 

I'll take my chances. BOS eyeballing looks to ride the 925/850 0C line at it's warmest. If it's coming down hard, it's snow. If not, who cares.

Pickles I'm coming back as planned. Not for this storm.

MPM it's up to the airlines and individual terminals. We give te forecast, they run with it. In general many more flights are cancelled because of that new rule protecting passengers from sittin on an airplane for 7 hrs.

I don't get why its giving BOS like 2-4" per hour for 10 straight hours, but its interesting to look at it.

Yes, I really am skeptical of the GFS still.  0z is make or break for me.

I'd still go with the CMC/UK/Euro consensus for now.  It's looking increasingly likely that this is different than the scrapers in the sense that the models just are way behind picking up on the block situation...

Boston TV weathermen doing a big disservice, JMHO.

Channel 4 "chance we deal with some accumulating snow"

HAHA.

Honestly, time to put the big boy pants on and make a forecast.  Boston TV has been issuing snow maps like 9 days in advance all the other times, ridiculous that they're so aloof this time.

I don't get why its giving BOS like 2-4" per hour for 10 straight hours, but its interesting to look at it.

LOL--understatement of the winter.

It looks like verbatim BOS flips to rain at 72 hours (still easily snow at 66 hours)...but by the time it does, something like 25-30 inches of snow has fallen...it actually goes back to snow around 78h.

The weight of that rain on wet snow would really be a roof crusher in some instances.  I'm shocked the ORH looks like the place to be.  Shocked.

Archived