joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2013 OBS

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this has been rather frustrating. I’ve watched a nice moderate band of snow about 5 miles to my west for the last 3 hours on radar. All I’ve got hear is a few rain drops/flurries.  In Seneca,SC 5 miles to my west they have wetbulbed down to 33 degree’s while i’m stuck at 37 with no moisture. I wouldn’t be suprised if they have an inch of snow on the ground right now.

Hopefully that band pivots through mby before it goes poof!

I'm proud to report I've been getting some light snow/flurries for the past 2 hours. In fact, have some pretty decent flurries/very light snow right now (with no rain) Temp has dropped from 36 to 34...despite very light (if not non existent returns). At a few points it was actually coming down pretty good. There has been a little light rain/drizzle mixed in when it's real light. But just to see snow again.......ahhhhhhhhh lol. God I miss snow (or any winter precip..yes including ice so much)

Hoping  beyond hope that band to the north with the heavier returns makes it this far south. It's been stationary for since I got up around 5:15) but it seems to finally be pushing south a bit. It has only 10 to 15 miles to go to get here.  Everyone please wish me luck. :)

What's bad though is I've had heavier returns just to the west and south and now to the east (figures). If that good band to the north actually makes it here (without breaking up or splitting up, I would suspect to get some 'decent' rates.

On a side not, I am happy for oconee weather. He has just as hard of a time to get snow as i do a lot of the times and seeing that very good and nearly stationary band with very good rates it would appear, I hope he picks up a "lot". He's is in the worst spot for boundary layer CAA due to the mountains which screws him and he deserves it.

I have no doubt, unless there is some fluke system, this is my last chance to see any snow. So hoping for the best.

I'm proud to report I've been getting some light snow/flurries for the past 2 hours with a temp of 34..despite very light (if not non existent returns). At a few points it was actually coming down pretty good. There has been a little light rain/drizzle mixed in when it's real light. But just to see snow again.......ahhhhhhhhh lol. Hoping  beyond hope that band to the north with the heavier returns makes it this far south. It's been stationary for since I got up around 5:15) but it seems to finally be pushing south a bit. It has only 10 to 15 miles to go to get here. Everyone please wish me luck. :)

What's bad though is I've had heavier returns just to the west and south and now to the east (figures). If that good band to the north actually makes it here (without breaking up or splitting up, I would suspect to get some 'decent' rates.

On a side not, I am happy for oconee weather. He has just as hard of a time to get snow as i do a lot of the times and seeing that very good and nearly stationary band with very good rates it would appear, I hope he picks up a "lot". He's is in the worst spot for boundary layer CAA due to the mountains which screws him and he deserves it.

I have no doubt, unless there is some fluke system, this is my last chance to see any snow. So hoping for the best.

Congrats!, Hope you can get some to lay on the ground. My frustration level may be getting close to yours from the other day, after waking up & seeing this snowfall map from GSP this am!!!

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Congrats!, Hope you can get some to lay on the ground. My frustration level may be getting close to yours from the other day, after waking up & seeing this snowfall map from GSP this am!!!

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Thanks man. Been a long wait I know that. Unless we get that heavier band to move over head, I doubt to see much on the ground. Would be a nice  bonus that's for sure. Just happy to see it falling.

Nice light snow here this morn. Prob wont last long. Congrats lookout!

Thanks hky! You know it's sort of sad though to get this excited over some light snow/flurries lol. Someone asked me one time "why get so exited over some frozen water falling from the sky" and my reply was "it's special and you just don't understand" lol.

Unless it suddenly breaks up, expect that band to get here in the next 15 minutes or so. Fingers crossed, that's for sure.

The upstate looks like it will do pretty well as returns are increasing (although a bit surprised rain has been reported there so far but i don't expect that to last long). Rap is very bullish on totals there and based on radar that looks right. I don't expect a lot of temp increase in the upstate if that occurs. Plus it has the precip extended back to here too (barely) ...although amounts are so light, surface temps will likely rise here.

It is interesting it has a band of heavy precip over the upstate and whoever is under that, if it's right, will certainly be colder and all snow.

Glad to hear you are seeing your flake Lookout, Pulling for you to get those heavier return in YBY :snowing: !!!!

Thanks again. :) We'll see...my luck it breaks up lol :arrowhead: (in fact the leading edge has gotten lighter....arggh) but I'm so close to it. But as i speak, the snow has picked up a lot!

Edit: already have a light dusting on the vehicles. Coming down good at the moment. Unfortunately and naturally, the band is getting weaker...sigh. So might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Archived