• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2013 OBS

WilkesboroDude

My three year long flake/pelletfalling drought has finally been broken. Dunwoody had a nice snow flurry 25 minutes ago. Pretty to see. Still a few little flakes. I'm a happy man. Thank you to Tony and his moles! Now get Tony some, moles!

I am so very glad to hear it, Larry!  The Mole Fizzle lives, ha, ha!!  I'm glad I read this, because I almost did a very bad thing.  I was so upset I couldn't go ha, ha, ha to Burns, I bagged the moles up and was getting ready to take them to the lake.  I know, I know it would have condemned us all to a biblical drought, but I was distraught.  One upping Burns is\was a lifes work...but he's better than Moriarty...he's devilishly conniving, and cunning in his humor...and I was weak.  But you've saved me from dooming us all.  The snow lives at Larry's and the Moles live to try again................................... but, Moles....maybe only this once...and only because you have brought down the rains.  So buck up, Moles.....                                                           Well, rain is a big deal....bigger than snow really....since all it is is rain transformed.. Yeah, and I like sleet so much better...if I had a choice....ok, Moles.....I'm sorry....out of the bag with you.  Larry got snow!!!  Ha, ha, ha..... take that Burns!!  YOu won't be calling me rodent infested now, buddy.  Ha, ha...Larry got snow :)  T

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend who lives close to Simpsonville just posted some pictures to facebook and it appears he picked up close to 2 inches of snow from a convective shower that passed through their this afternoon.

Meanwhile, I couldn’t even muster a dusting at my house this morning will literally everywhere around me got a coating. sigh...

At 6-6:15 PM on a walking venture in E Cobb county (NW of ATL), I experienced the graupel/snow shower combo of a lifetime! They were both definitely falling together although it started out as mainly graupel. The graupel was heavy enough to allow me to hear it like IP as it hit the ground. I don't ever recall experiencing graupel like that. This was probably my most enjoyable walk this winter! Ahhhh! What a day when considering I also saw two nice snow flurries in Dunwoody this afternoon...and I have to thank Tony's moles for making this possible. So, without further ado, thank you, moles, so much for all that you do to make humans happy.

Moto do you see this storm coming digging any further south.  reading on the other site that the models are showing it did in fact take a jog to the west and south.  the wife is suppose to drive to Charlotte Tuesday morning to fly out.  should she leave Monday afternoon or will she be ok Tuesday morning for driving out of Asheville?

Moto do you see this storm coming digging any further south.  reading on the other site that the models are showing it did in fact take a jog to the west and south.  the wife is suppose to drive to Charlotte Tuesday morning to fly out.  should she leave Monday afternoon or will she be ok Tuesday morning for driving out of Asheville?

I have my doubts about being further south. Regarding timing it has slowed a bit so I think your wife would be fine Tuesday regarding any winter precip issues. If clt gets any snow that looks to be Tuesday night into wed morning.

Nada here. Looks like the west side of Atlanta is getting more today. I saw maybe a dozen tiny flakes yesterday.

Typical where areas west and nw of Atl do better with these types of flurry events. Almost never fails. It can be quite annoying.

Same here, has started covering the ground.

Much more than me. I did see cars driving south from success area yesterday that had snow on them.

Latest Conditions in Atlanta, GA Choose Your Front Page City spacer.gifMar 3

7:52 am sn.jpg

Light Snow 31°F

(-1°C) spacer.gifspacer.gif  

Long time since I've seen this on the FFC's site.

Meanwhile, 34deg and cloudy, with wind at 10mph here, high on a hill above Lake Tobesofkee.

It's snowing here in marietta. Rooftops turning white slightly. Very light dusting in progress.

Nice.  You gotta love it when these things over perform.  I can now see the spine of the apps here in GA as their snow has stopped yet yours continues.  LOL.

Blood mountain is nice and white.

Archived