Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2013 OBS

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 with flurries still.

...SNOW FLURRIES REPORTED ACROSS INLAND SOUTHEAST GEORGIA...

.10AM UPDATE...BACON COUNTY 911 DISPATCH HAS CONFIRMED THAT SNOW

FLURRIES HAVE BEEN REPORTED ACROSS THE COUNTY AND THEY WILL BE

POSSIBLE ACROSS INLAND SE GEORGIA FOR THE NEXT 3-5 HOURS. NO IMPACTS

ARE EXPECTED AND A SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT HAS BEEN ISSUED.

39 with light snow flurries.

Congrats! When was the last time you saw snow? Was there some there during 2/10? I can see them on radar. You should thank Tony for this.

Here in Dunwoody, I saw a few flakes earlier. 2nd day in a row after a three year drought for me since I was in Savannah during 2010-11. What a wonderful winter weekend! The moles have overperformed their magic. I never thought they had so much power. One Tony should be very proud of his critters. He's the Ellie Mae Clampett for moles in the SE.

Congrats! When was the last time you saw snow? Was there some there during 2/10? I can see them on radar. You should thank Tony for this.

Here in Dunwoody, I saw a few flakes earlier. 2nd day in a row after a three year drought. What a wonderful winter weekend! The moles have overperformed their magic. I never thought they had so much power. One Tony should be very proud of his critters. He's the Ellie Mae Clampett for moles in the SE.

yeah last time was 2/12/10 but it was at night. It's falling during the day this time. Nice way to end the winter.

Tony's moles working their magic all the way to the land of fire and brimstone. Congrats!

It has always seemed to me that when the flow is more from the north of north northwest we do better than a true northwest flow.  We drove through a nice flizzard on the way to church in Kennesaw.  It was a nice end to winter.

:lmao::lmao:

What is the world coming to? Blacksburg would give me a mouth full if I reported every time I seen flurries.

I didn't report that lol. The folks that missed the snow said we were mistaking frost for snow lol. The dumbassses down here think its suppose to automatically accumulate when it falls lol.

I appreciate all the kind comments :)  I'm afraid I never saw more than 6 flakes in the air at the same time.  For me the Mole Storm was a huge disappointment.  I'm glad they provided some happiness for others, but I'm pretty crushed.  It seems what I have are rain Moles.  Maybe only one ip/sn mole in the bunch, and that ones a yearling.  MIght be next year, or the one after before he can bring the magic in full.  Still, I like next weekend, if the cold stays around, so hope springs eternal :)  And, if nothing else I hope to be swimming in rain for years, lol.

At least I got some cold.  Yesterday, and today felt like bona fide winter :)  I didn't get my high under 32, but I got it under 40, so that's something.  Larry's climo held up great, ....congrats, Larry, for another great call!!!!.... and Ga. got the snow...so maybe we get another few weeks of winter.  T

It's pretty wild how temps in the extreme lee of the Apps in the northern part of NC are colder than temperatures to both the south and the north.  So, it's not classic CAD.  I suppose this is what is referred to as in-situ CAD.  The rain arrived before the temps could really warm that much above 40 this morning.  And, we haven't budged much at all.

bL2govM.jpg

Archived