• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

2-3 of the GEFS members are like the Op with a big stalled storm.  Most of the rest do give us some precip.  1 looks like a late phase like Hoffman is worried about, although we still get precip from it.  1-2 are bowling-balls off the SE coast and 1 doesn't have any storm at all.  

what is the handling of the N Atl low and block like on the 3 members that are bowling balls or no storm?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr Postel on the Weather Channel just called the UKMET the outlier to this point.  Consensus is towards GEM, GFS, EURO.  Spoke about "possible" major impacts DC to NY.  Too early for rain/snow lines, etc.  As much as I laugh at the WC sometimes, they have done a nice job in explaining model runs.  Though....they can't touch the brains in this forum!  ;-)

Bernie Rayno is a great met on AccuWeather.  You guys should check out his latest video on the storm.  No hype--just truth.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-vide...ion/91358901001

I mentioned that on Facebook. It seems that certain individual AccuWx forecasters are quite balanced. Bernie does a good job of explaining the situation and that the models could certainly flip flop some more. Simply says the odds are up from before. 

I think 1 is a possibility, but I think 2 and 3 are low.  I think a more likely possibility is no phase at all and it just bowling-balls OTS after giving Columbia (South Carolina) some flurries.  

yea I would put that into option 1, just the ubber 1 solution.  I think we agree on the biggest threat

Well, nobody is running the PBP in the SE forum.  Ian do you mind telling us if there is any snow down towards NC?  Thanks!

very little except western nc.. looks like a NOVA special so far.

Archived