12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Revenge of the Weekend Warrior Storm: 2/15-2/16

PhineasC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to project a model run, but the NAM looks like a 2-parter.  Rain Friday aft/eve, then a break, then snow (presumably) would fill in on Saturday morning.

I really hope it gets "part II" going fast or else we get the familiar screw job.  My fear here is the energy gets split and that is the worst solution for us, we need something to consolidate and go boom fast for our area or else we get conversational crap and NYC north gets another event. 

What precip after 36?

Not much at 42 hr and a little to the east.  I've never liked these events wherre you count on development overhead, they often let you down.  My two worst bust came from trying to get a storm going with the band forming right ovr it. Once I went to be with a winter storm warning and woke up to sun. 

I really hope it gets "part II" going fast or else we get the familiar screw job.  My fear here is the energy gets split and that is the worst solution for us, we need something to consolidate and go boom fast for our area or else we get conversational crap and NYC north gets another event. 

Yeah, I'm stepping through at 700 and I just want to yell at the NAM to slow the damn trough down. 

Yeah, I'm stepping through at 700 and I just want to yell at the NAM to slow the damn trough down. 

yea... the models are having issues resolving what to key on, the frontal wave or the vort behind it.  Last night they jumped all over the wave, now today they are splitting the difference.  Either one would do the trick in my book, although the trailing vort has the most high end potential for us, but at the same time if that is the one to develop it also has the most potential to give us nothing because by the time it gets going the trough may be too far east.  Either way, I have the sinking feeling that we end up with an "in between" solution in the end and that means fail for us.  On the other hand, its 18z, the NAM, and this seems to be a situation the models are having problems with, so I remain hopeful and intersted. 

their map is pretty bullish compared to my zone

post-1615-0-25035100-1360875103_thumb.pn

Friday Night
nt_chancesnow.gif Rain likely. A chance of snow after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Saturday
chancesnow.gif Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow and rain showers. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Hanging your hat on the 18z NAM? :santa:

I've always like low amounts for DC,  Someone still could get 1-3 if banding occurs somewhere nearby but to answer your question.  I think the probabilities on the CWG forecast are pretty reasonable though I think Matt was right that we should have knocked down the heaviest scenario probabilities some and given them to the car topper category.  YOu can always hope it's NAM hiccup but broad trough and trying to get snow going right over you is another really iffy deal and we haven't done well with iffy lately. 

Archived