joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Revenge of the Weekend Warrior Storm: 2/15-2/16

PhineasC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that the depiction by the GFS does not play out as is.  Will be painful getting chicken feed as areas further east/north cash in...again.

Euro will be huge today.  I hope that it shows a more westerly precip distribution.

MDstorm 

Just once, I'd like the worry to be temps and not precip.  Last night would have been a nice snow had we gotten more substantial precip.  Guess I'll have to ride the srefs for now.

Quite a substantial jump west/intensification on the Saturday low by all the 12Z guidance so far. Ukie pummels SNE again.  At 500MB, you'll notice the trof axis is closer to paralleling Lake Michigan which is quite a bit further west then as adverized a couple days ago, so you get the storm closer in to the coast.  Nice trends all around and will be interesting to see how forecasters handle this as we are only in the day 2 timeframe.

I hope that the depiction by the GFS does not play out as is.  Will be painful getting chicken feed as areas further east/north cash in...again.

Euro will be huge today.  I hope that it shows a more westerly precip distribution.

MDstorm 

dc can miss snow in any way possible. this will end up dusting dc and giving cape may 10" :P

Just once, I'd like the worry to be temps and not precip.  Last night would have been a nice snow had we gotten more substantial precip.  Guess I'll have to ride the srefs for now.

Me too. I am getting so sick of these sharp cutoffs just to my east. The only good news is this is far from being resolved despite being within 36 hours. Major bust potential with this set up.

Well the 12z guidance answered my questions about how the trailing vort would play into all this.  It looks like the trailing energy that was originially going to be "the storm" is now going to phase into the developing frontal wave.  The 12z guidance has that happening a few hours too late for south/west of DC/BWI but this is still evolving.  The guidance is just now getting a handle on this, and the details will change I am sure between now and tomorrow night.  Ji, I know your freaking out about the GFS fringing you, but the 12z came really close to pulling this all together into something big.  There is still a chance that last vort slows this down and pulls it in tighter and we get a better trend at 0z tonight. 

Wow, i really thought you would go a little higher with this storm. If the Euro shows the same hit as the GFS and Ukie im sure you will up it.

The GFS is tricky,  I has its precip spread out in two seperate events.   The first will have trouble with temps are onset for dc and the second will be during the day.  Plus,  I would not be surprised to see the band shift.  We're dealing with a small scale band and essentially your hoping you get in it.  If DC does, DC might see someone get 1.5". 

Well the 12z guidance answered my questions about how the trailing vort would play into all this.  It looks like the trailing energy that was originially going to be "the storm" is now going to phase into the developing frontal wave.  The 12z guidance has that happening a few hours too late for south/west of DC/BWI but this is still evolving.  The guidance is just now getting a handle on this, and the details will change I am sure between now and tomorrow night.  Ji, I know your freaking out about the GFS fringing you, but the 12z came really close to pulling this all together into something big.  There is still a chance that last vort slows this down and pulls it in tighter and we get a better trend at 0z tonight. 

My fear, besides Wes being bearish, is the dreaded east/west precip axis.  How many times have we seen these sharp west precip cut-offs in the 2-3 day range...only to have things shift further east at game time? ---often.   How many times have things shifted west? 

MDstorm  

The GFS is tricky,  I has its precip spread out in two seperate events.   The first will have trouble with temps are onset for dc and the second will be during the day.  Plus,  I would not be surprised to see the band shift.  We're dealing with a small scale band and essentially your hoping you get in it.  If DC does, DC might see someone get 1.5". 

I hear you, glad i don't live in DC maybe i can get under a superband and pull 3".

Don't like it for my region.

Seems to develop JUST to my north and east. (Not to be mistake with SOUTH and EAST, when the bands usually move NW more than modeled.

Warm at the surface tomorrow afternoon-- low to mid 40's. We start as rain, end as snow. Maybe a coating to an inch if we are lucky.

Archived