joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Revenge of the Weekend Warrior Storm: 2/15-2/16

PhineasC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible that the 17th snowstorm is not entirely dead. This event is a piece of the vort that phases into a coastal storm out in the Atlantic.

3 prices to this puzzle. The lead vort going to our north. This anafrontal wave and the trailing vort behind it. They all play on each other so it's a lot of moving parts to figure out. The last vort is getting closer to doing something. It could phase into and hold up the wave and amp it up. My gut says a stronger fri night system would squash the Sunday one. Either way what we want is one of these to take over and amplify. A bunch of weak waves fighting against each other ends badly for us. Right now the way things are trending I'm rooting for this fri night to be the one.

looks like the computers are jumping on the 1st disturbance instead of the 2nd for PDIII

reminds me of 1/25/00 when everyone thought the 2nd sw would work out and it was the 1st one

no, I'm not saying we get a 1/25/00 snow storm, just that the lead sw is the one that looks to be the one that does the work for us

For you and points west, but it increased it quite a bit for points east.  

Almost 1" of QPF for MD eastern shore, DE and south Jersey.  

I suppose the takeaway here is we went from something tiny, to not so tiny, to pretty big in 48 hours. Even though the precip max moved in our yards, the swath as a whole looks more like a solid east coast storm. 

There is havoc going on right now trying to resolve this. Good indication of a dynamic and unpredictable situation even though we're just 40 hours away from onset. 

Accuwx text looks too low for BWI

only coming in at .35"

I'd be surprised with that kind of sharp cutoff just north of the blue line

All the way through 60 or 66 hours?  On those low-res maps, looked like the blue line was right on the west shore of the Bay.  

Oh well, no matter, will be different in the end anyway. 

Archived