northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 8th-9th Potential Significant Coastal Storm

dryslot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really am eyeing the Euro idea. It's been steadfast relatively speaking compared to other guidance for multiple runs.

Euro has def been stronger in digging the northern stream and other models did trend toward it today. We'll have to see how much it wants to do it at 00z. Euro was a bit weaker with the southern stream as well.

I really am eyeing the Euro idea. It's been steadfast relatively speaking compared to other guidance for multiple runs.

Euro has def been stronger in digging the northern stream and other models did trend toward it today. We'll have to see how much it wants to do it at 00z. Euro was a bit weaker with the southern stream as well.

Yeah, Euro has led the way, and been by far the most consistent model with this. 

Had a Boxing Day look but not as bad or pronounced as Boxing Day if I remember correctly. Still a solid 17-20'' storm here.

Boxing Day had a pronounced dryslot above 700mb in the soundings...this one does not. I doubt you would see anything close to the level of screwjobs some people got in Boxing Day if the GFS verified. Don't forget either that the QPF minimum on the GFS in Boxing day was like 0.70"...about half of what this qpf min is.

18z RGEM seems pretty similar to the 12z. At least through 36/42 it's very similar at first glance.

Late comment on the RGEM, but by 48hr it's clear the model is cooking up a monster.  West of the 12z GEM and stronger.  The 18z NAM is not remotely close to the 18z RGEM aloft or at the surface.  RGEM is potent and sharp with the southern stream "kink" compared to the flat NAM and 10-15mb deeper at the surface (eyeballing).

Archived