• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Potential Significant Coastal Storm

dryslot

HPC's recently issues qpf is just awesome.  2-3 inch amounts for almost all of sne and cne and up past Concord NH.  Unreal.  Given banding, ccb and deformation which will increase ratios, that implies 2-3 feet of snow with higher lollies.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i.gif

just wow.  there is 50 chance of precip mon nite so don't know if that bumps that up a bit

but not much. because day 3 and day 4 add up to about 2.70 qpf for E MAss

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/fill_98qwbg.gif

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/fill_99qwbg.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's how I was in Valentines Day 2007... It was just run after run of 2-4" of QPF over BTV and northern VT. Sure enough it was correct and the ski areas saw 3-5 feet in like 36 hours, lol. This looks like that storm for you guys.

Yeah, I would be happy if we held serve from 12z at 0z tonight, With this much time left, Some subtle changes in placement of these s/w's and strength will play a big part once it gets over this way

If I may ask, why the lower totals from CON on north?

Given the strength of the easterly LLJ, there will be some downsloping there. Most of the work will have to be done with the upper trough and deformation banding.

Kevin is very familiar with this. That's partly why even though it rains here for a short time...I'll still beat his total.

Given the strength of the easterly LLJ, there will be some downsloping there. Most of the work will have to be done with the upper trough and deformation banding.

downsloping for Webster (12m nnw of Concord)  on an easterly jet?  We get downsloping on N flow usually.  I am at 700 ft and CON is at 350 and there are no big mountains between me and the ocean.

That being said, you know 1000 times more than I do about this stuff.

Good luck! 

downsloping for Webster (12m nnw of Concord)  on an easterly jet?  We get downsloping on N flow usually.  I am at 700 ft and CON is at 350 and there are no big mountains between me and the ocean.

That being said, you know 1000 times more than I do about this stuff.

Good luck! 

I thought you meant farther north. That area you're talking about, more the difference between 18" and 16 or 17". Just a quirk of the color table.

Yeah, I would be happy if we held serve from 12z at 0z tonight, With this much time left, Some subtle changes in placement of these s/w's and strength will play a big part once it gets over this way

This is like a GFS 266hr fantasy storm at short range.  

Between now and the 12z run tomorrow, I think we can really stop wondering about 'who jackpots' who mixes, etc.  Until then, let's' all enjoy what should be a momentous storm for all of SNE.

Oh-- And hopefullly we'll get some wicked cool deformation bands setting up in GC.:)

Archived