Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 8th-9th Potential Significant Coastal Storm

dryslot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think thats the last of the Blizzard watches we will see

You and I are in 18-24 now.  And look at this from my zone:  This means Blizzard Warning coming for Friday night I'd say.

FRIDAY NIGHT...SNOW. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. ADDITIONAL HEAVYSNOW ACCUMULATION. LOWS AROUND 16. NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. GUSTSUP TO 30 MPH...INCREASING TO 45 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOWNEAR 100 PERCENT.

You and I are in 18-24 now.  And look at this from my zone:  This means Blizzard Warning coming for Friday night I'd say.

FRIDAY NIGHT...SNOW. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. ADDITIONAL HEAVYSNOW ACCUMULATION. LOWS AROUND 16. NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. GUSTSUP TO 30 MPH...INCREASING TO 45 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOWNEAR 100 PERCENT.

Yeah there is not much doub't we will see one hoisted right now

Tossing NAM, it cant seem to find any sort of solution, from 18z last night to 0z to 6z to 12z and now 18z every solution has been different, and even if we were to keep it it's NAM vs GFS/GEFS/EURO/EUROENS/GGEM/RGEM/UKIE/SREFS/RPM: think I know what combo I want on my side :)

-skisheep

Nice snow growth potential showing up on the 12Z NAM as the dendritic growth zone depth is approaching and exceeding 200 mb in some spots in that meso band. Snow will add up quickly if that's the case.

Very cool image... do you know what you found these products?

The SREF's haven't been much use this winter, but I've just never seen anything like that.

That might be the most ridiculous set of SREF guidance I've ever seen. Its worth mentioning a lot of the ARW members are substantially further west with the surface low track, meaning a large portion of these QPF totals are in the form of rain for folks in BOS southward. Also, SREF guidance as a whole tends to be pretty under-dispersive (meaning the solutions don't reveal the entire spread of a particular atmospheric pattern). Thus, some of the less amplified guidance might be under-represented in this particular set of solutions. The mean is also likely being skewed by those higher (more westward) members. 

Very cool image... do you know what you found these products?

That might be the most ridiculous set of SREF guidance I've ever seen. Its worth mentioning a lot of the ARW members are substantially further west with the surface low track, meaning a large portion of these QPF totals are in the form of rain for folks in BOS southward. 

That SREF package probably rivals the qpf max for the first KU of Feb 2010.

Epic...and written by Kocin!

THE 12Z RUNS INCREASINGLY POINT TO CENTRAL AND EASTERN NEW ENGLANDRECEIVING THE BRUNT OF THE STORM AS THE CENTRAL PRESSURES OF THELOW FALL TO THE 970S TO LOW 980S WITHIN THE 12Z RUNS. THELIKELIHOOD OF GREATER THAN 12 INCHES OF SNOW IS HIGH ACROSS MUCHOF THE AREA AND AMOUNTS GREATER THAN 24 INCHES AREPOSSIBLE...ESPECIALLY ACROSS EASTERN NEW ENGLAND.  MIXEDPRECIPITATION MAY HOLD DOWN AMOUNTS ACROSS SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTSAND ALONG THE IMMEDIATE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND COAST.  THE GREATESTAMOUNTS ARE FOUND JUST NORTHWEST FROM WHERE THE CYCLONEDECELERATES AND EVEN MAY MAKE A BIT OF A LOOP AROUND ITSELF ONSATURDAY.  THE 00Z AND 12Z ECMWF ALSO SHOW THE LOW THEN MAKING ASLOW SOUTHEASTWARD TO EASTWARD MOTION BEFORE PULLING NORTHEASTWARDINTO THE ATLANTIC.  THIS IS THE SAME KIND OF BEHAVIOR EXHIBITED BYSOME OF THE MOST INTENSE STORMS...SUCH AS THE MORE RECENT BLIZZARDOF 2005/APRIL FOOLS BLIZZARD OF 1997...THAT THIS STORM MAY ALSOEXHIBIT.

Archived