Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 8th-9th Potential Significant Coastal Storm

dryslot

For the record (to have them on one page):

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARDWATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAYAFTERNOON. THE WINTER STORM WATCH HAS BEEN CANCELLED.* LOCATIONS...MUCH OF EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS AS WELL AS NORTHERN AND  CENTRAL RHODE ISLAND. THIS INCLUDES THE BOSTON TO PROVIDENCE  CORRIDOR.* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR BLIZZARD  CONDITIONS.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 12 TO 24 INCHES.* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW DEVELOPS BY FRIDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL  INCREASE INTENSITY DURING FRIDAY AFTERNOON. THE HEAVIEST SNOW  WILL OCCUR FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING.* IMPACTS...HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL  FOR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. THE WORST OF THE STORM WILL BE FRIDAY  NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER  HOUR POSSIBLE. TRAVEL MAY BECOME NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE WITH BLOWING  AND DRIFTING SNOW.* WINDS...NORTHEAST 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH.* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 20S.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!   10-20 for coastal CT...18-24 inland! 

With gusts as high as 60MPH? Give me 10 inches and blizzard like conditions any day over 20 and calm.

I do think there is going to be a ton of panic though during early morning Friday when its raining on the coast. The CCB is really going to have to do a lot of work for us to reach those numbers.

My shot from the west coast: I'm surprised the models are this much in agreement since we're not blocked and the systems will phase.  Someone's going to get creamed, but think any spot forecasts are premature.  I like how BOX and Mt. Holly are largely broadbrushing.  

Carry on, and keep calm (Tomorrow will be time to "panic and freak out!") :)

Archived