12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Fab Feb. SNE Banter/Disco Leggins

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

49.5 hearing lots of springtime birds...feels like march/april out there. Mud season came to my back yard. Trying to pull my wood wagon to and from the wood pile I was sinking in 2inches ick!

I wait til it gets below 30 otherwise I mess up my lawn. Get through today and back to winter to some degree, I hate warm weather in Feb.

It was a nice day for a walk up here too, Joe. I intended to hike Mt Garfield today, but my lil red hotrod got stuck in the sorta kinda plowed parking area. Luckily I got it freed, but I went to Plan B, which was Mt Pierce and Mt Jackson. I could see the summits were in the clouds but was hoping those clouds would lift. No dice ... gray air views up high. Still, it was a nice stroll of 10 miles or so with the trees above 3000' caked pretty well with snow. First pic is in the Alpine Zone nearing the summit of Pierce, second pic is looking down Crawford Notch from Elephant Head. Enjoy! :)

post-254-0-88752200-1361038502_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-71864100-1361038517_thumb.jpg

It was a nice day for a walk up here too, Joe. I intended to hike Mt Garfield today, but my lil red hotrod got stuck in the sorta kinda plowed parking area. Luckily I got it freed, but I went to Plan B, which was Mt Pierce and Mt Jackson. I could see the summits were in the clouds but was hoping those clouds would lift. No dice ... gray air views up high. Still, it was a nice stroll of 10 miles or so with the trees above 3000' caked pretty well with snow. First pic is in the Alpine Zone nearing the summit of Pierce, second pic is looking down Crawford Notch from Elephant Head. Enjoy! :)

2013-02-16 08.45.38-1.jpg

2013-02-16 11.34.31-1.jpg

Awesome!

Please allow me to introduce myself.

I have lurked here since 2005 because tracking weather is fun and I need storms to produce the waves and snow I ride almost constantly, for the past 20 years or so. I live basically in Vermont and Rhode Island, but I'm currently in Brattleboro, Vermont. I have learned a great deal here from pro mets and amateurs alike. I just spend my posting time on surf forums and Facebook. I'd like to begin providing obs from here. There doesn't seem to be anyone here in my area, so I hope it will add to the already great discussions. Thanks for all your help!

-John

I have lurked here since 2005 because tracking weather is fun and I need storms to produce the waves and snow I ride almost constantly, for the past 20 years or so. I live basically in Vermont and Rhode Island, but I'm currently in Brattleboro, Vermont. I have learned a great deal here from pro mets and amateurs alike. I just spend my posting time on surf forums and Facebook (John Shoemaker Webster). I'd like to begin providing obs from here. There doesn't seem to be anyone here in my area, so I hope it will add to the already great discussions. Thanks for all your help!

-John

Welcome!

-skisheep

I have lurked here since 2005 because tracking weather is fun and I need storms to produce the waves and snow I ride almost constantly, for the past 20 years or so. I live basically in Vermont and Rhode Island, but I'm currently in Brattleboro, Vermont. I have learned a great deal here from pro mets and amateurs alike. I just spend my posting time on surf forums and Facebook (John Shoemaker Webster). I'd like to begin providing obs from here. There doesn't seem to be anyone here in my area, so I hope it will add to the already great discussions. Thanks for all your help!

-John

Pleased to meet you John!  I'm right down I-91 in Greenfield.  Be nice to have another poster from this part of NE.

- Chris

Man, quite the breeze here at the Pit.  The 34mph I recorded is typically around the best my siting can get.  Expect my gusts are a fair amount above 40..  Nearly got konked on the head by a branch when I went for a walk a little while ago.

Drove through Crawford Notch at 9:30 this morning.  What crazy wind, snow, and blowing snow. Really memorable experience.  We hit one point where all the two-wheel drive cars had to stop and turn around as they couldn't take it. 

Good news is we found at least one place we liked on the visit.  Might make an offer on it after we get some additional information.  Half a mile from the entrance to Bear Peak (you can backcountry from Bear Peak to it), 1.5 miles to the base lodge of Attitash, about 20 minutes to Wildca and t, 20 Bretton Woods.  Quarter mile walk/ski to Bear Notch XC trail.

Better yet, 18" of snow on the deck.

18.7/-1

Man, quite the breeze here at the Pit. The 34mph I recorded is typically around the best my siting can get. Expect my gusts are a fair amount above 40.. Nearly got konked on the head by a branch when I went for a walk a little while ago.

Drove through Crawford Notch at 9:30 this morning. What crazy wind, snow, and blowing snow. Really memorable experience. We hit one point where all the two-wheel drive cars had to stop and turn around as they couldn't take it.

Good news is we found at least one place we liked on the visit. Might make an offer on it after we get some additional information. Half a mile from the entrance to Bear Peak (you can backcountry from Bear Peak to it), 1.5 miles to the base lodge of Attitash, about 20 minutes to Wildca and t, 20 Bretton Woods. Quarter mile walk/ski to Bear Notch XC trail.

Better yet, 18" of snow on the deck.

18.7/-1

In Jackson?

Archived