12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Fab Feb. SNE Banter/Disco Leggins

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well most of ORH county had over 25" including 28.7" at ORH for their 3rd largest storm ever....Hunchback must have been in a little mini screwzone.

Yeah. I think Tip mentioned early on that he and I and up into DomNH-land were in a sliver of garbage for a while. Any idea where they wound up?

Hunchback, your 50" is def above avg for this time of the year. Not by a ton, but its above avg. You average about 20-22" after March 1st and we still have about half of Feb to go which prob tacks on another 9-10"...which puts your avg this time of the year at around 45-46".

Hunchback, your 50" is def above avg for this time of the year. Not by a ton, but its above avg. You average about 20-22" after March 1st and we still have about half of Feb to go which prob tacks on another 9-10"...which puts your avg this time of the year at around 45-46".

Really? Did not realize that. Interesting

Really? Did not realize that. Interesting

Makes sense considering ORH's average at this point is about 43" (longterm...current 30 year is a bit under that)...you avg about 6 more than them for a whole season, so at this point your avg should be like 3-4" more.

Makes sense considering ORH's average at this point is about 43" (longterm...current 30 year is a bit under that)...you avg about 6 more than them for a whole season, so at this point your avg should be like 3-4" more.

Lol. I sorta forget it can snow in March...even though I got a 9"+ event last Morch. My head isbuo my arse lately

That's what it is all about. Taking chances with temps is better than no chances

Can be a feast or famine pattern...potential for close heartbreaks, but usually it works out well for the interior if you can get a serious of southern stream systems driving up into marginal cold east of the lakes.

I was in Boston yesterday.  I stepped out onto Longwood Avenue at noon, and man, I couldn't believe how warm it felt with that sun beating down.  'tis the time of year when the sun can be melting even in the face of sub-freezing ambient temps (though sub-freezing was far from the case yesterday!).

Putting things into perspective.

The blizzard got me up to 47" on the season.  (18" all of last season).  We still have half of Feb and all of March to get through (Maybe a sneaky event in April?)

Average seasonal snow here is probably 57" or so.  I can't complain.  Likely above average for this point in the winter right now.  

12-15" OTG, snowbanks 3-5 feet high...mid Feb with several threats upcoming.  I'm happy.

Archived